The Intern, Human Resources will perform general duties associated with the Human Resources department. This position will assist with projects such as the collection and analysis of compensation and benefits-related market data, and testing and application of the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) system.
This is a full-time summer internship and will require someone who can work at least 40 hours per week. Start and end dates will be based on availability and business need.
The items listed are essential functions of the position unless otherwise stated
Under the direction of Human Resources professionals, assist with various HR duties.
Assist in the collection and analysis of compensation and benefits-related market data.
Assist in the utilization of a new HRIS system.
Work with human resource staff on various projects.
Nonessential function: other administrative duties as assigned.
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Responsiveness to customer needs.
- Ability to work well with both internal and external customers.
- Initiative and desire to learn.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail, including organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a dependable, collaborative team member and perform based on established standards and expectations.
Applications must be received by 5 PM, April 12, 2013
- Must be currently enrolled and have completed at least 60 credit hours with an accredited college or university.
- Preference may be given to those pursuing a degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Administration or related field.