Does the idea of working for a progressive energy company and working with utility companies to keep the lights on “energize you”
? Are you interested in a career making the SMART GRID even SMARTER? Then energize your career as a CBR Technician with Alstom Grid!
The mission of Service, the asset management expert, is to provide innovative, reliable and high quality services to support our customers throughout their asset lifecycle. Our range of services addresses all transmission installed base, including Alstom Grid and Third Party equipment on:
- After Sales Services: erection and commissioning, maintenance, repair, emergency support, spare parts management, decommissioning and recycling.
- Asset Management Optimization Services: Network consulting, technical training, oil analysis, substation audit/field expertise, engineering on brown, strategic asset management through condition monitoring, renovation, modernization, extension (RME) and retrofit.
Service vision is to ensure customer satisfaction and to be a real differentiator for Alstom Grid by:
ALSTOM Grid – the leader in providing software and services to the Electric Utility Industry has an opening for a CBR Technician in its Cocoa, FL location.
- Selling what the customer needs
- Delivering what we promised (scope, expertise, quality and on-time)
- Providing innovative solutions
- Evolving from after sales to before sales
As a CBR Technician you will be responsible for providing the customer with technical support, promoting overall customer satisfaction and providing Engineering and Product Development feedback
This position is responsible for:
- Providing assistance to higher level technicians.
- Performing installation on DT, HG and SW product line.
- Perform factory required testing for field commissioning of DT and HG products.
- Performs assembly and installation for other Alstom Grid products.
- Perform different levels of maintenance and repairs on Alstom Grid products.
- Informs and advises customers about proper care of products, product evolution, part modifications and warnings.
- Performs as Field Services Lead on large turnkey projects.
- Responds to customer inquiries over the phone when feasible
- Travel 90% of the time, work extended hours and be on call.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this
opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and flexible work options, as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our culture supports an environment where employees can continuously learn and gain professional growth through education, exciting projects and career mobility. ALSTOM Grid recognizes your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs. Our commitment is to you, the employee.
- High School education or GED
- 5-10 years related experience in providing customer service, maintaining and repairing electromechanical products; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Come work in an environment that is driven by integrity, innovation and visionary thinking. Join ALSTOM Grid today, revolutionize the energy industry and energize your future!
Alstom is a worldwide leader in power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world. It provides turnkey integrated power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro, nuclear, gas, coal and wind. It offers a wide range of solutions for power transmission, with a focus on smart grids. The Group employs 93,000 people in more than 70 countries and had sales of over €23 billion in 2009/10 (pro forma figures).
About ALSTOM Grid
Alstom Grid, the newest sector of Alstom, has over 100 years of expertise in electrical grids. Whether for utilities or electro-intensive industries or facilitating the trading of electricity, Alstom Grid brings power to their customers’ projects.
Alstom Grid ranks among the top 3 in electrical transmission sector with a sales turnover of approximately €3.5 billion in 2009. It has 20,000 employees and over 90 manufacturing and engineering sites worldwide. Its four main business areas are Products, Systems, Automation and Service. At the heart of the development of Smart Grid, Alstom Grid offers products, services and integrated energy management solutions across the full energy value chain—from power generation, through transmission and distribution grids and to the large end users.
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alstom is a Drug free Workplace
Regions - BUSGRI012
Alstom is all about speed and power. Alstom's Power segment is a world leader, providing boilers, turbines, air quality systems, generators,...