The Data Warehouse Analyst/Programmer (DWAP) is to provide analysis and programmer services in support of multiple systems. Database Software Development services focus on supporting hospital-centric clinical and business practices and will provide broad-based client support by developing, modifying and sustaining a variety of client-server and web-based applications and databases. Software development services will focus on rapid, efficient and effective use of software development technologies and tools to design, document, develop, modify, test, install, implement, and sustain new and existing application software. Database Software Development services support business intelligence directly and indirectly.
Development of a web-based applications, converting existing applications from the current SQL 2000 and Oracle-based data warehouse to the new SQL 2005 and Caché-based data warehouse; development of API to support electronic transmission applications.
Clinical Informatics: Clinical informatics is a combination of information science, computer science and clinical science designed to assist in the management and processing of data, information and knowledge to support the practice and delivery of clinical care. Clinical informatics focuses on computer applications that address medical data collection, analysis, and representation.
Job competencies/Duties and Responsibilities (Departmental Responsibility)
Education and Knowledge Requirements
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent research, organizational and time management skillsable to prioritize tasks, manage a large number of multi-stage projects and complete them in a timely fashion.
- Excellent knowledge Microsoft Windows-based applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a variety of professionals while at the same time working independently, with minimal supervision.
- Detail-oriented; productive without compromising quality.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment and Conditions
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information System or other closely related discipline is required. Professional related certifications and experience will be evaluated for consideration.
- Three (3) to five (5) years or more of progressive experience working in software development.
- Must have or obtain all necessary immunization prior to start date.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Government NAC background check and must meet eligibility requirements for access to Privacy Act and HIPPA information.
- Personnel should be knowledgeable of industry-standard principles, concepts, and methodologies specific to database and applications programming, database automation and information management and systems analysis acquired through a pertinent baccalaureate program or its equivalent in experience, training, industry certification, or independent study. The following are minimum requirements:
- Develop software applications using VB.Net, ASP.Net, C++, and SQL.
- Develop BI solutions using Java and SQL.
- Design and develop business applications, and business intelligence applications and solutions.
- Develop process, design and stored procedures.
- Expert proficiency in the use of VB.Net, ASP.Net, C++, JAVA and SQL.
- Experience with C#.
- Expert proficiency using highly complex enterprise-wide databases including SQL, Oracle and Caché.
- Expert proficiency developing and maintaining software-based interfaces that mine data from legacy information systems for use in relational, post-relational and object-oriented database structures.
- Experience using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling, information engineering, mathematical model building and sampling, weighting and other statistical methods.
- Experience and a working knowledge of clinical information systems (Commercial or DOD) such as AHLTA, CHCS and Essentris.
- An understanding of clinical processes, clinical systems interaction and clinical data analysis and support is required.
- Experience in the design and development of software, business applications, and business intelligence.
- Expert proficiency using Microsoft Office/Produce documentation
- DoDM 8570.1 Certification.
Location: Ft. Hood, TX
- Ability to maintain a high level of visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time as required by preparing and analyzing data, figures, computer terminals, etc.
- Ability to manipulate necessary office equipment, computer software, hardware & equipment.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities: stooping, reaching, standing, walking, feeling, talking and hearing.
- Requires working in both internal and external environments subject to variation in temperature.
- Work is classified as sedentary with the requirements of exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Some travel may be required.
McLane Advanced Technologies, LLC (MAT) provides a full range of Logistical and Information Technology Services for Government and Commercial clients. Join a winning team today! Each applicant must be able to obtain a security clearance upon hire. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
McLane Advanced Technologies - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard