Why this job is awesome: You will combine your design skills to help create online products and interfaces.
When applying: Please include a link to your online portfolio or email examples of your work.
TripAdvisor is hiring a
to work as a part of the TripAdvisor for Business B2B marketing team. This role is located in Newton, MA. In this role the ideal candidate will help to create and define brilliant interfaces and user experiences for our massive, multinational online community. You’ll also work closely with our creative team, product team and business managers to conceive, articulate, create and maintain marketing content in print, web, digital communication and branded environments.
As part of our creative team (and working collaboratively with designers in both the US and UK), your focus will be on creating marketing materials, email campaigns and other branded materials for TripAdvisor for Business. You will also help to oversee junior designer(s) and work closely with our product team to create our next generation of website features and functionality, conceptualizing and designing original ideas that bring simplicity and ease of use to complex design issues.
Our ideal candidate will understand how to apply brand guidelines to all forms of communication (print, web, branded environments, etc). This includes maintaining and evolving consistent and superior design standards across products, marketing materials, and the company as a whole. Experience with global branding and localization is helpful for this role, as all design work will later need to be customized to reflect the different audiences throughout TripAdvisor's international points of sale. Knowledge, if not fluency, of another language is a plus, but not required.
What You’ll Do
cultural differences and language translations.
- Create online and offline marketing collateral, maintaining and evolving consistent and superior design standards. The scope of work includes production of the following for multiple products in international markets:
- E-mail: sales, newsletters, invitations, etc.
- Direct mail
- Web and interface design
- Online and offline advertisements
- Events materials
- Quality control and enforcing brand/identity style guide.
- Create user task flows and wireframes that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience.
- Manage freelance/supplier resources, as appropriate.
- Mentor junior designer(s) and explore new and unique ways of solving business challenges.
- Serve as a vocal advocate for the importance and value of effective visual design.
- Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent user interfaces, taking into consideration
What We Seek
- Understand business context and goals for creative efforts.
- As the team is based in the US and London, travel to the UK on an occasional basis will be required.
- 7-10 years relevant prior work experience.
- Education: design degree required (graphic design preferred).
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign; Flash is a plus, but not required.
- Must have a working knowledge of HTML and web design principles.
- Rock solid skills in graphic design, with an eye for typography, composition, layout, color, and a pixel-level attention to detail. You have an appreciation for clean, simple, usable interfaces.
- Interactive experience working with large consumer brands and associated online marketing campaigns.
- Thorough understanding of overall web site design, including basic usability, industry standards, architecture and navigation.
- Outstanding interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, good time management skills and a “go-get ‘em” attitude.
- Diplomatic and flexible in approach.
- Comfortable working in very fast-paced environments and communicating across time zones.
- Must be able to iterate and sketch out ideas quickly.
- Must be highly organized with an attention to detail.
- Knowledge, if not fluency, of another language is a plus.
- Sense of humor essential.
- Good natured, flexible, leave-your-ego-at-the-door approach to design. No design divas here, please! Must be a team player and enjoy collaboration.
Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledge mistakes, learn from those events and are able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer may provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
TripAdvisor - 10 months ago
Museum of Science, Boston
Museum of Science, Boston
- 18 days ago
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.
- 25 days ago
- 16 days ago
TripAdvisor is primed to give you advice. A subsidiary of online travel services provider Expedia until late 2011, spun off TripAdvisor off...