Department: Pope AFB
Agency: Air Force Personnel Center
Job Announcement Number: 5T-ART-834282-762649-RLA
SALARY RANGE: $48895 to $63559/Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Friday, February 15, 2013 to Friday, February 22, 2013
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0335-09/09
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time
DUTY LOCATIONS: Pope AFB, NC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
AGENCY MARKETING STATEMENT:
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month. They are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency.
Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the AF Reserves. Retired military that have active AF Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position & unit) on their application.
IF APPLICABLE : Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information. You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
DoD Transfer (Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
KEY REQUIREMENTS: The Government’s most important asset is its people
Must be a current member of the AF Reserves or willing/qualified to join
Military Grade/AFSC: 3D171/E-7
- Administers Information Systems and provides workgroup management support. Monitors ongoing operation of client systems to ensure hardware and software are functioning properly and operational standards are met.
- Installs and maintains hardware. Acts as the Equipment Custodian (EC) for Information Technology (IT) assets. Installs, upgrades, and maintains software. Performs system software control and security program support.
- Schedules, advises, and provides technical assistance to computer system users on a wide variety of computer software and hardware issues.
- Assists with the administration of the overall computer security program. Implements organizational procedures with local wing security plans, procedures, and training.
- Provides training and assistance to customers for new computer system installations and sets up system and user profiles.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-08 level in the Federal service, which equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Experience must have included technical work for a variety of computers and related equipment, software, and hardware to install, upgrade, configure and maintain hardware and software; use analytical and diagnostic methods and procedures to identify and resolve system failures; maintain network operations through implementing processing sequences and troubleshooting analysis.
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-08 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of DoD and Air Force information systems and information assurance processing standards, policies, techniques, information processing sequences, controls, procedures, terminology, codes, abbreviations, and graphics troubleshooting computer systems.
2. Knowledge of information management programs, procedures, and requirements such as PA/FOIA/FOUO, records management, data management, publications and forms management, RCS reports, etc.
3. Knowledge of operating systems and associated equipment configurations, including peripherals. Through knowledge of a variety of computers and computer-related equipment, software, and hardware in order to install, upgrade, configure, and maintain equipment and software.
4. Ability to analyze computer software and/or hardware problems, develop economical solutions, troubleshoot any and all hardware and/or software-related problems and train users.
5. Knowledge of Internet security, network environment, network configuration, NetWare service and support, sharing and securing network resources.
6. Knowledge of various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations and produce a variety of documents as letters, reports, spreadsheets, databases, and graphics.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government - Click here for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Air Reserve Technician (ART) Positions : For additional information regarding ART positions and/or military qualifications, please call 1-800-257-1212.
Candidates are encouraged to provide a copy of their military experience and training with their resume in order to expedite recruitment efforts. Visit the Verification of Military Experience and Training Web Site to obtain this information, click here
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here .
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants) : Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
DIRECT DEPOSIT : All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, February 22, 2013
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click here for the required cover page. This Vacancy ID is 834282 . Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144 .
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire. Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately. Click here for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to 1-478-757-3144 . Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking here . Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located here :
- Online Application (Questionnaire)
- Resume - If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If you are faxing any documents, click here for the official cover sheet to print. The fax number is 478-757-3144
- Eligibility Documentation, SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
- Transcripts, if qualifying based on education or positive education series
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
384 Maynard St