ASRC Research and Technology Solutions, a Subsidiary of ASRC Federal, is currently seeking a
in Stennis Space Center, Mississippi.
ASRC Research and Technology Solutions is an engineering, research and technology services company with contracts supporting multiple federal agencies. Our extensive team of Ph.D. scientists, engineers and professional management personnel allows us to bring real-world experience to meet the growing demand for solutions to some of the most complex problems in aeronautics, aviation, IT management, and Earth and space sciences.
Roles and Responsibilites:
systems and databases from unauthorized users.
- Monitors, evaluates, and maintains systems and procedures to protect the data
- Identifies potential threats and responds to reported security violations. Determines causes of security breaches.
- Researches, recommends, and implements changes to procedures to protect data from future violations.
- Assist System Administrators (SA) and System Owners (SO) in the development of System Security Plans (SSP) based on the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Security Publications.
- Conduct Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) activities to allow systems to obtain and maintain Authorization to Operate (ATO). Activities include risk assessments, contingency plan testing, security control reviews, Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) tracking, and developing associated reports.
- Provide recommendations for proper controls and countermeasures based on the discovered vulnerabilities that are in compliance with Federal policies / mandates, standards, and guidelines, and best business practices for information assurance.
- Participate in security incident handling and response; and participate in the mitigation and remediation of security vulnerabilities affecting host workstations and servers.
- Develop and maintain documentation supporting the processes and work instructions related to information technology security related functions.
- Perform vulnerability scanning of networked devices and assist system owners in vulnerability mitigation.
- Develop and present training materials to enhance the overall security awareness of site personnel.
- One or more years of experience in information systems security and/or network
- Possess a solid understanding of FISMA, NIST and other guidance applicable to Federal information systems
- Experience with evaluating system, network, or infrastructure security controls against FISMA and NIST guidelines
- Experience with Rsam governance, risk and compliance management software is a plus
- A solid understanding of IT Security tools including network and host security products such as intrusion detection systems, firewalls, VPNs, anti-virus and anti-spyware systems and security tools such as vulnerability scanners, wireless network scanners, and packet sniffers is desired
- Working knowledge of typical LAN/WAN technologies and protocols
- System administration and troubleshooting skills in Windows and Linux
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working with computer programming
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills, strong customer service qualities, and the ability to work in a team environment
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Stennis Space Center, MS, United States
Day Job / 1st Shift