Assist/partner with Buyer in analyzing, merchandising, and communicating decisions to successfully develop online strategies and buy seasonal assortments that incorporate AE Direct and chain objectives.
• Responsible for online merchandising business to include:
• Manage and update roll sheets daily/weekly
• Partner and communicate with chain merchants to remain up-to-date on assortment changes
• Manage shipping updates and communicate to all parties
• Work with chain Assistant Buyers & MOS to manage purchase orders process and ensure all purchase orders are up to date
• Responsible for thoroughly reviewing competitive websites’
• Assist in managing buy sheets to ensure all products are bought accordingly
• Assist in managing the site to monitor selling, identifying opportunities and suggesting strategies
• Manage web markdowns
• Analyze size and color break
• Responsible for managing shoot sheet and collection of web samples
• Assist in the proofing of catalogs or marketing pieces
• Create selling recaps
• Understand/analyze web sales in order to propose weekly markdowns
• Confirm SWS’ are updated and accurate with assortments, life spans, pricing, etc.
• Assist in seasonal /product documentation for training in AE Direct call centers
• Monitor MOS work to ensure it is correct and accurate (PO’s, quotes, missing sample lists, bundles, etc)
• Site Changes/ BCC weekly changes
• Responsible for preliminary layout of the website prior to live dates
• SKU management for the BCC
• Ensure product is up and accurate on the site
• Assist in merchandising decisions for products in presentation and clearance sections on the website
• Responsible for validating accuracy on site before every launch
• Manage related selling charts to facilitate website’s cross selling features
• Add links for shops and web sets into PDFS
• Request and ad promo keywords and marketing strings
• Equity and Sample Management
• Review equity is written and accurate before product is live on the site
• Send equity writers any needed info on styles
• Responsible for getting gall samples to the editors so equity is written on all products/styles
• Responsible for Image Log’s accuracy and that all images are up to date
• Style approval in portfolio and re-shoot requests
• Photo studio communication, help prioritize images, communicate sample changes
• Assist during in-studio photo shoots, make sure samples are correct and images look great on model
• Communicate with copy writers
• Approve portfolios
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Recommend and execute assortment deviation
• Purchase Order Approval
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business, or equivalent.
• 2+ years previous experience in retail merchandising.
• Ability to strategize and strong skills in financial analysis.
• Aggressive and passionate individual will be most successful in this and future roles.
• Keen sense of fashion exhibited through personal taste.
• Understanding of fashion designer labels and how to interpret their seasonal stories/messages for the AE customer.
• Risk Taker - Carefully considers risk/reward, ready to try new ways of doing things to improve learning.
• Forward Thinking/Innovative – Not satisfied with the status quo, ahead of the times, advanced views, creating something like nothing done or experienced before.
• Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy (coolness and composure under strain, confidence without arrogance).
• Persuasive - Able to motivate others through the appropriate use of interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
• PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheet software. (Use of Island Pacific software).
• Manual labor required (i.e. Carrying boxes of Merchandise, Organizing samples, Dressing bustforms).
• Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
• Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
American Eagle Outfitters - 2 years ago