The function of a Production Technician I in the Production Department is to convert client data into a variety of formats according to client specifications. The Production Department receives data exports from Project Managers and Data Analysts, converts the data, performs quality control, and creates load files and final deliverables to the client. Under the direction of the Production Manager and Production Leads, the Production Technician I is responsible for all activities in the following processes: Data conversion, Quality control, Application of Bates Stamps, Load file creation, Production report generation, Media creation of final client deliverables. A Production Technician I handles production work from start to finish, and must be a constant example of initiative and teamwork. The Production Technician I reports to Production Management.
- Creates and updates tracking spreadsheets and other tracking databases.
- Follows all department standards.
- Creates data conversion configurations based on individual client specifications, utilizing proprietary software to produce output to paper and/or electronic format.
- Performs Quality Control at various points of the production process according to department standards and notifies appropriate parties of any issues that arise.
- Reformats documents using both macros and manual manipulation (primarily spreadsheets) to assure Quality Control on all productions.
- Uses SQL to run scripts in order to generate reports throughout each production.
- Understands load file specifications and translates individual client’s needs into a format to create custom database load files.
- Creates CDs, DVDs, and Hard Drives (including formatting and cloning) using third-party and proprietary software.
- Creates bates stamp configurations based on individual client specifications, utilizing proprietary software.
- Consistently and accurately accounts for time spent working on projects by utilizing EED’s time tracking software.
- Creates batch files to automate productions.
- Creates and updates Production Department documentation.
- Proactively informs others about project statuses both orally and in writing.
- Provides excellent customer service to the Production department’s internal clients by communicating a positive, professional attitude, and educating them on Production’s processes.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisory Production staff. (Non-Essential)
- Knowledge of IPRO a plus (Non-Essential)
- Knowledge of Relativity a plus (Non-Essential)
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience desired.
- Ability to perform detailed troubleshooting.
- Ability to quickly learn customized proprietary software.
- Intermediate computer skills: Word, Excel (particularly formatting and use of formulas), PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, while taking responsibility for a task and following it through to completion.
- Ability to work smoothly with other departments in coordinating requirements and activities.
- Qualified applicants demonstrate such skills as resourcefulness, effective time management, exceptional dedication to quality, verbal and written communication prowess, organizational and multi-tasking abilities, and interpersonal ability.
- Familiarity with computer software with the ability to recognize and diagnose errors.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read reports and communicate effectively with co-workers both verbally and in writing.
- Can effectively manage multiple ongoing tasks.
- Ability to operate office machines – carry files and paper stacks, bend to access paper documents, pick up heavy stacks/boxes up to 40 lbs.
- Must sit for long periods of time while using keyboard and mouse repetitively.
- Can cooperatively share workspace with others in a lab environment.
- Ability to stay focused and complete tasks in an environment full of other project-related diversions.
- Organized and detail-oriented personality.
- Desire to be part of a highly productive, fast-paced team.
DTI - 18 months ago
DTI is committed to developing principle-centered leaders for the purpose of providing superior document outsourcing services. The...