Provide palliative care for identified Meridian Care Journey patients at all Meridian Health facilities (includes Hospitals and post acute care facilities) and in the patients’ homes. Consult and assist with the referring physician, the acute care team, and other members of interdisciplinary team to coordinate the patient's plan of care. Provide consultation in palliative care, symptom management and supportive care to meet the needs of the patient as requested by the referring physician.
• Prepare and maintain accurate patient records, charts and documents to support the medical practice and reimbursement for services provided.
• Establish relationships with existing hospital-based palliative care teams, partner companies, medical directors, hospital physicians, community physicians, nurses and other team members as well as community members to build a culture of collaboration and clinically integrated care across the continuum.
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve the patient and family experience of care and to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of resource use throughout Meridian Health.
• Develop outreach programs for community agencies and health care settings (such as nursing homes), as appropriate. Educate and assist Meridian Health team members on End of Life/Palliative Care through quarterly interdisciplinary lectures/seminars to Meridian Health team members. Participate in community outreach presentations to interested groups or community advisory committees at each hospital site
• Participate in weekly Palliative Care team meetings to review active cases
• Participate in monthly and periodic team meetings for the operational and administrative functions of the Care Journey Program
• Be available on an as needed basis to support other team members with clinical advice and assist with physician communication needs
• Be available on an as needed basis to support educational and outreach goals of the Care Journey Program
• Act as spokesperson for the Care Journey Program
• Be available to provide guidance or assistance to palliative care teams of the Care Journey Program at each Meridian hospital as needed
• Attend Bioethics Committee meetings at the hospitals as requested
NP, Masters Degree in Nursing; Prior experience in environment other than a hospital.
[Minimum work experience]
Minimum 5 years experience in Palliative Care and/or Hospice preferred; geriatrics or oncology.
Licensed to practice in New Jersey
[Valid drivers license required]
MERIDIAN HEALTH Best Workplace. Best Team. Best Care.
Meridian Health is an equal opportunity employer.