Republic Services has an opening for a Heavy Equipment Operator in Half Moon Bay, CA.
Heavy Equipment Operator Summary - Heavy Equipment Operator
The purpose of the job is to operate heavy equipment safely, productively and efficiently. This job could require pushing, compacting, grading, loading or hauling waste or dirt and could require working alone or teaming with other Heavy equipment. This job could also require operating around Customer trucks and Customers at the working area. .
Responsibilities - Heavy Equipment Operator:
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Proficiently operate any or all of our core equipment, which includes Dozers, Compactors, Excavators, Articulated Trucks, Loaders and Graders.
- Comply with the Operations & Maintenance Guide for our core and secondary Heavy Equipment.
- Perform a daily heavy equipment walk-around inspection and preventive maintenance responsibilities.
- Follow site grading and operations plans, read grade stakes and operate in a medium to fine grade environment.
- Perform job responsibilities safely in a busy sometimes, stressful environment, operating and working varied under-footing and weather conditions around trucks and personnel.
- Understand the value of teamwork and communications necessary to operate at the working face and/or other onsite functions (ex: Stockpile, borrow area, solidification…etc.) efficiently)
- Operate equipment productively for 8+ hours per day, year-round in all types of local weather and ground conditions.
- Perform tasks that have to do with landfill operations as assigned or directed by the Supervisor or General Manager.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
Heavy Equipment Operator
Requirements - Heavy Equipment Operator:
Experience, Education, Certification :
- High School diploma or equivalent; and one to two years related experience and/or field training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. – Or- one year certificate from College or Technical School; and six months related experience and/or field training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CLASS A DRIVER LICENSE
Other knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to fingers, handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Representative machines, Tools, Equipment and/or software used :
- The Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
- Dozers, Compactors, Excavators, Articulated Trucks, Loaders and Graders.
Environmental/Atmospheric Working Conditions:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
Going Green for the Environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- May be required to work weekends and holidays
Equipment Operator, Heavy Equipment Operator, Operating Engineer, Back Hoe Operator, Loader Operator, Machine Operator, Motor Grader Operator, Track Hoe Operator, Excavator Operator, Grader Operator
Republic Services - 17 months ago