- Enterprise Architect is responsible for providing strategic leadership in the development of enterprise business, data, technology and application architectures so that they align and support the effective achievement of business goals.
Typical work-related activities include:
- Work with key business stakeholders and other architects to achieve agreement on business and technology architectural visions and roadmaps in accordance with business strategies.
- Collaborate with architects to map enterprise business capabilities and drive awareness and understanding of potential gaps and redundant or complimentary solutions.
- Collaborate with architects on the development and review of target architecture artifacts to ensure alignment with business goals, drivers, and strategies.
- Support the development, communication, and deployment of Enterprise Architecture Governance processes.
- Participate in regular meetings of the architectural review board to align standards, policies and roadmaps to business goals; conduct architectural reviews of emerging business cases; provide guidance on technology vendor review and selection processes.
- Engage with functional leads from other critical areas such as infrastructure, security, talent strategies, and innovation to support architectural knowledge sharing and collective direction setting
- Support IT and the business with IT portfolio prioritization, making recommendations on scoping of major initiatives, and ensuring alignment of overall technology portfolio to technology standards and guiding principles.
- Participate in the development and assessment of new concepts to support the business strategy and provide recommendations to leverage technology for competitive advantage, internal efficiency and improved service.
- Maintain a forward-looking perspective on emerging technology developments and their relevance to business and technology strategies.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field, a minimum of three years of experience specifically in Application/Solution Architecture, Technical/Infrastructure Architecture, Information/Data Architecture and/or Business Architecture; and a working understanding of the software development lifecycle is required. Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman); exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments; exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation; strong leadership skills; knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture; ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions; ability to estimate the financial impact of EA alternatives; ability to translate business needs into definitions of capabilities; and, experience with creating enterprise roadmaps based on strategies, priorities and capability needs are preferred.
Starting salary commensurate with qualifications. Excellent benefits and work environment.
Completion of the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate is recommended. Find a test site near you to register for the WorkKeys assessments. Finalists for this position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check as a condition of employment.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in people and ideas. ACT participates in E-Verify . ACT's online position announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions of employment opportunities; none of the information provided for any position should be interpreted as a commitment by ACT to specific terms and conditions for employment.
ACT - 22 months ago