GROCERY OUTLET, INC.
Job Title: Inventory Planner
FSLA Status: Exempt
Department: Purchasing Department
SUPERVISOR: Inventory Planning Manager
The Inventory Planner will be responsible for managing the distribution of merchandise to support company plan. Extremely hands-on' inventory/allocation planner that can make quick decisions, manage key warehouse and buying relationships and provide inventory information for their department(s) of responsibility. Responsible for assisting the Purchasing Team in ensuring proper product inventories at all warehouses to facilitate optimum code life and turns according to G.O.I. standards. Recommends and executes changes as needed to ensure profitability and productivity. Maximize sales potential by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide analysis (units, sales, and margin) for skus, programs, categories, and recommend corresponding strategies to maximize revenue and turn goals
- Manage departmental financial plans, OTB and analysis at the department, category and SKU level
- Assures the most appropriate inventory levels through careful planning and analysis of demand, usage, forecasts, industry trends, etc.
- Responsible for forecast accuracy on sales dollars, ads and case projections
- Present analytics and reports to various levels of management
- Manages inventory at warehouse level and makes decisions on inner warehouse product transfers.
- Creates and generates daily/weekly/monthly aging reports for all buyers as needed.
- Review MTO items in stock with buyers – weekly
- Assists buyers with updates on potential inventory or code date issues on all products
- Understanding of general transportation modes, pricing, and business practices
- Implement through allocation, the companys 'Treasure Hunt' philosophy and merchandise assortment strategy through effective execution of product allocation
- Execute category/sub-class trends regionally and identify specific merchandise needs through knowledge of regional and climatic characteristics
- Understands impact of seasonality and in and out' items and develops control/allocation process
- Responsible for building an appropriate inventory mix to support new store openings
- Responsible for assisting and educating operators in achieving profitable results in sales, merchandising and inventory management
- Responsible for continuing to raise the level of standards of performance insuring proper representation of inventory
- Manage order flow quantities to support sales, inventory, margin, DC space plans, etc.
- Understand and execute appropriate distribution of products and maintain proper turn
- Be an integral partner and maintain relationships with Store Operators, Sales & Merchandising, Vendors, and Distribution Centers
- Develop profitable entrance and exit strategies with merchandising for new, seasonal and replacement programs
- Develop in season pricing strategies with appropriate margin for discontinued inventories.
- Visit suppliers, stores and warehouses as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous OTB management experience required
- Familiarity with distribution center operations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; can successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food preferred
- Experience creating and managing budgets and forecasting
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and margins
- Ability to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; Can make solid decisions quickly based on limited information
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficient in MS Office and AS400 applications, including advanced level in Excel preferred
- Strong communication skills, customer service, organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team
- Concern for achieving positive outcomes and growing the business; willing to get involved in all aspects of the process
- Possesses the roll-up-your sleeves' attitude needed to be successful in a flat organization
- Passionate about what they do and the processes within their area
- Ability to write and present information effectively to buying department, suppliers
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with all company personnel
The physical demand and work environment described below is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Travel is required 1% of time.
- 22 months ago - save job
Grocery Outlet operates more than 160 deep-discount supermarkets in a half dozen western states, primarily California, Oregon, and...