The Program Manger will have a technical/business background in electric utility operations, to be actively involved with the creation, integration of three existing legacy systems, implementation, operation and training associated with establishing a Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) software management system for three rural electric utility systems administered by BIA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties maybe assigned.
Responsible for the integration of CNI Core Competencies into daily functions, including: commitment to integrity, knowledge/quality of work, supporting financial goals of the company, initiative/motivation, cooperation/relationships, problem analysis/discretion, accomplishing goals through organization, positive oral/written communication skills, leadership abilities, commitment to Affirmative Action, reliability/dependability, flexibility and ownership/accountability of actions taken.
The scope of this contract includes the need of an Electric Utility Management System (EUMS) that encompasses the spectrum of services of a typical electric utility, to include but not be limited to: customer billing and collection; accounting; inventory; engineering; maintenance; and mapping. The BIA has used multiple systems in the past, and wishes to consolidate the functionality into a single system that meets the needs of the three BIA power projects operated directly by federal employees as well as meeting the needs of the users, in order to reduce costs, improve efficiency, and improve consistency.
The Program Manager shall be directly involved in developing the following tasks:
o Training of pilot participants
- Certification and Accreditation support (C&A)
- Testing of application and demonstration of successful completion/correction of any issues identified
- Pilot of solution
o Operation of Pilot
o Analysis of lessons learned
o San Carlos Irrigation Project (SCIP) – Continental Billing System
- Adjustment of solution based on lessons learned during Pilot
- Testing of adjustments
- Staggered Conversion from existing systems – to manage and ensure accurate data conversion
o OrCom – IBM Sys 36
o Operational Manuals
- Colorado River Agency (includes Truxton Canon Agency) – Avenir – IBM AS-400
- Staggered Full Scale deployment
o Contingency planning
o Installation of system
o Training of users
o Transition from existing solutions to this solution
o Parallel operation and comparison of results for accurate activity recording/reporting
o Develop/provide manuals
o Help Desk user support
o Upgrades COTS revisions as applicable, System Tuning for optimum results
o Maintenance– Extended hardware & software support
The Program Manager will be responsible for producing the following deliverables of the project:
Responsible for aiding in own self-development by being available and receptive to any training made available by the company.
- Presentation of the system Capabilities
- Project Plan
- Project Schedule
- Detail of hardware requirements
- Software Configuration Document
- Recommended Software and Hardware
- Customizations to support the requirements
- Provisions for Quality Control Plan
- Weekly Status reports
- Participate in a biweekly or monthly status review meeting as determined by the Government detailing the activities and be prepared to discuss in sufficient depth to ensure timely delivery
- Report Earned Value statistics, top risks, budget expended, and progress on tasks, and funding status
- User manual
Plans daily activities within the guidelines of company policy, job description. and Supervisor's instruction in such away as to maximize output.
Responsible for keeping own immediate work area in a neat and orderly condition to ensure safety of self and coworkers.
Will rely on any unsafe conditions and/or practices to the appropriate supervisor and Human Resources. Will immediately correct any unsafe conditions as the best of own ability.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in IT and at least five years of experience as an IT project manager preferably with familiarity and direct experience with the proposed COTS solution application and software in a Windows environment. PM should have a professional PM certification (Prince, PMI, others). Familiarity and experience with management and operations of an electric utility. Experience in management and operations of a Rural Electric Cooperative would be a plus.
Chickasaw Nation Industries - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard -