POSITION SUMMARY :
Performs the following functions for Product Engineering Test Lab: Maintain test schedule, design test programs and tooling, program and maintain test machines. Acquire test tooling and fixtures. Monitor test status, maintain test records.
Performs the following functions related to seals returned from customer warranty: Warranty reporting and analysis. Interface with customer, Product Engineering and commercial team on warranty issues. Lead corrective actions associated with warranty.
Generally requires a minimum of two years’ experience as a Product or Process Engineer. Must demonstrate strong hands on aptitude. Ability to conceptualize mechanical components and component interactions. Understanding of strength requirements, thermal effects on systems of components. Ability to prepare drawings manually and/or with CAD.
B.S. or M.S. degree in a Technical field – Engineering preferred.
· As a condition of employment, the incumbent shall learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
· Understand, abide by and promote the FNGP safety policies and practices at all times.
· Understand and support the FNGP GROWTTH and Lean Process for continual improvement including leadership and facilitation of activities.
· Understand and support the FNGP Quality Policy and associated guidelines, processes and requirements as necessary to ensure continual company value, customer satisfaction and market status.
· Understand and support the FNGP Environmental Policy and assure compliance.
- Maintain system for documentation and storage of test tooling and fixtures
- Coordinate efforts with the engineering technician and Product Engineer to insure product test outputs meet customer requirements in a timely manner. Support test setup and tear down activity as required to meet test schedules
- Ensure lab equipment is maintained and calibrated to produce valid test results with minimal downtime for maintenance and tooling issues
- Lead corrective action process and problem solving for test issues relating to procedures, tooling and equipment
- Provide all PLC programming needs for the test lab [Directsoft 305]
- Acquire tooling, fluids, and test machinery as required to complete test requests in a timely manner
- Monitor tests in progress to insure test in running within specified limits
- Coordinate with Product Engineers to develop test setups and procedures to meet customer test requirements, validate new test methods using Six Sigma tools.
- Coordinate with Product Engineers and Product Manager to identify future test requirements. Develop plan to drive changes required to support future test requirements on a proactive basis
- Manage the flow and storage of untested and tested product
- Maintain lab tooling and equipment inventories
- Manage and maintain warranty data collection system for commercial sealing products
- Coordinate seal analysis efforts with the warranty technician to insure warranty outputs meet customer requirements in a timely manner
- Partner with Quality Engineer to lead corrective action efforts on manufacturing related issues identified during warranty analysis
- Analyze warranty data for trends and report results of trend analysis to Product Engineers and FNGP commercial at the end of each quarter
- Review customer claims for validity
- Coordinate response to customer on warranty returns with Product Engineering and FNGP commercial team
- Support field sampling events as required
· Major portion or work schedule is spent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling and repetitive lifting up to 10 lbs. Occasionally lifting up to 35 lbs.
· Speaking and hearing sufficient for understanding, required
· Visual requirements include: close, color, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Occasionally working with toxic or caustic chemicals.
· Occasionally working near moving mechanical parts with vibration.
Risk of electrical shock.
Internal applicants: Please complete a self nomination form, located on the FNGP portal under Resources: HR: Forms: General, and send to your Division HR Lead, along with a copy of your resume.
Agencies / Direct Placement: Freudenberg-NOK ( FNGP) has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs within FNGP. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as needed basis. FNGP has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors for the calendar year and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position and have not signed FNGP \ 's vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and FNGP will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
As a condition of employment, the incumbent shall learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
As the leading specialist in sealing applications and their market, Freudenberg Sealing Technologies is a supplier as well as a development...