We are seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst that will be willing to join in the start-up of testing a brand new application. Creating for the first time test plans and procedures. One that is able to test developer's code and report results effectively. The qualified person will need to be able to communicate verbally and in writing with appropriate HMS staff. They will be able to create and execute automated testing scripts with HP QTP tool. This person needs to be able to be a self starter and able to work independently with minimal guidance, this includes learning new technical skills as needed. Has knowledge and ability to test in an Agile development environment. Will be coordinating work with off shore Q/A as well.
Responsible for developing, updating, and implementing test plans. Writes and maintains test automation. Supports quality assurance standards.
- Creates testing conditions, testing modifications for development of an application.
- Conducts regression testing and writes scripts as needed.
- Interprets user requirements, updates, creates, publishes and implements project test plans for both manual and automation testing.
- Documents testing results and coordinates with developers on test issues.
- Communicates test results with project team members and facilities meetings as needed with multiple levels of personnel.
- Documents and submits status reports.
- Provides guidance and training to more junior team members.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team under supervisor.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
- Ability to view a monitor for an extended period of time.
- Ability to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of scripting tools.
- Knowledge of and ability to use SQL queries in DB2.
- Familiar with multiple platforms.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and have strong organizational skills.
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years related work experience
- Use of Quick Test Professional and Load Runner.
- MS Office including MS Word and Excell
HMS - 17 months ago