Job Function: The Therapist is responsible for coordinating all client services by enhancing, protecting or restoring a client’s capacity for social functioning, whether impaired by physical, environmental, or emotional factors. Therapist will be working in a Specialty Bed group home with 5 adolescent clients. The clients are in the program for 4-6 months for intensive therapeutic treatment. Therapist must have knowledge working with emotionally disturbed and behaviorally aggressive youth. Therapist must understand sexual offender specific dynamics and be willing to work in a team approach to provide for community safety and decreased risk for re-offending.
Minimum Qualifications : The position requires a Masters Degree from an accredited graduate school in social work, counseling or similar licensable discipline. An LSW/LCSW/LPC/LAC is required. Some knowledge of sexual offender specific dynamics, adjudicated youth is preferred. Some knowledge working with emotionally disturbed and behaviorally aggressive youth is preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
New Jersey MENTOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Coordinate client services for assigned caseload
- Provide client-centered advocacy, social administration, social work counseling, and social work planning for each consumer as required
- Provide psychotherapeutic services via in home sessions 2 times per week, and assist in facilitating group work at least three sessions per week, may require some evening hours
- Ensure that documentation of services is completed accurately and in a timely fashion
- Attend court hearings and support clients through Megan’s Law appeals and Tier Hearings
- Maintain client files (both in the office and at the treatment home) according to program standards
- Assist with conducting training for direct care workers and other staff
- Monitor the group homes’ clinical program and ensure that they comply with licensing regulations
- Maintain positive relationships with colleagues, clients and funding source representatives
- Daily usage of the Performcare system, updating and submitting treatment plans, completing strength and needs assessments
- Other duties as assigned
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children...