Compensation Owned Job Description:
We are looking for Application Programming Consultant who has experience in analyzing, designing, implementing, and documenting new and existing application software.
The candidates responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Gather and analyze requirements, design and develop web applications using various technologies.
- Comprehend high level business requirements, translate those requirements into technical requirements and specifications, and lead the
development and delivery of those components within build cycles.
- Lead small and mid-size project teams to perform a variety of day to day development activities.
- Conduct code reviews of completed technical artifacts.
- Assist QA leads with unit, system integration, and user acceptance testing.
- Provide ongoing system support by maintaining and enhancing existing software applications and documentation.
- Must possess excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Handle multiple tasks and work on multiple projects.
- Help ensure tasks are being completed in timely manner with limited direction.
- Defines and promotes development standards and mentors resources with less experience.
- Interact with senior technology management. Provide periodic project progress status updates.
Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions. These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies. May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource. Will not have direct reports but may lead projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. May have responsibility for a project and project budget. May collaborate with external programmers to coordinate delivery of software application. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities. Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants. Typically requires 5-7 years of experience.
Job Posting Description (JPD):
As an Applications Programmer you will help develop, support, maintain and test software applications for a specific business unit or supporting function. This position will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing complex applications for a Business Technology Group.
You will serve as a Subject Matter Expert and provide technical direction for specific initiatives and projects. You will have the opportunity to lead projects and collaborate with other programmers and business partners to ensure successful delivery and implementation of the software application.
You will work with minimal supervision and guidance from more seasoned consultants, and may also be expected to provide application support.
- The candidate must have advanced hands-on experience with technologies including Core Java, Java EE Application Servers (Weblogic/Websphere preferred), RDBMS (Oracle preferred), Linux/Solaris, SQL, Web Services, XML, Data/Object Modeling, multiple project methodologies (ie Waterfall, Agile).
- 5-7 years of application programming experience
- Must have excellent software design and documentation skills
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Must have excellent organization skills
- Ability to debug applications
- Experience with the development models and software development lifecycle (SDLC) model
- Able to communicate effectively across varied areas including technology, business units and senior leadership
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Six Sigma experience
- Spring framework, Messaging (MQ), Portal technologies, Rules Engines, Performance Tuning, advanced UI Frameworks (Ajax, jQuery, JSON, etc).
- Experience with customer facing applications in the financial industry (particularly CashPro) is a plus
Bank of America - 20 months ago
Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries...