# of openings:
A UI Designer at Infusion is responsible for translating world-class brand promises into useful and functional experiences within all digital channels. This is accomplished by performing research on the end user and the expected business outcomes to ensure all features and interface design decisions map back to these two primary inputs. A person in this role is entirely familiar with basic research techniques and is a student of emerging user behaviors. They are well versed in best practices in interaction design including the art and science of creating usable systems.
A UI Designer is adept at organizing large amounts of features and content into logical and intuitive buckets (Information Architecture) and ensuring that end users have no trouble finding their way around or completing tasks (navigation and functional flows).
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver primary and secondary research and client interviews to ensure that all projects are driven by user needs and business outcomes.
- Facilitate and manage the collection and prioritization of business requirements from clients.
- Generate deliverables that are thorough, concise, and well designed including research reports, personas, scenarios, conceptual models, site maps, functional flows, and annotated wireframes.
- Generate heuristic analysis reports on existing Websites or experiences.
- Maintain vigilance on usability and flawless execution throughout the process.
- Ensure Infusion's IA and UI design work is on par with the best in the industry.
- Be comfortable generating innovative and breakthrough ideas for clients.
- Explain, internally and externally, the rationale for creative choices.
- Support the Creative Director on new business pitches from conception through to final presentation.
- Create lasting client relationships based on value, quality, logic, and responsiveness and be the voice of structure, usability, and results for the engagement.
- Stay current on emerging trends in online consumer behavior, technologies and design.
- Excel at working with all departments to ensure the creative output is world-class and continuously exceptional—a particular emphasis here on the partnership with Art Directors and Graphic Designers to maintain a focus on usability and structural integrity as work is translated to visual design.
- Contribute to the insights and direction of Creative Briefs.
- Recruit new UI talent to help build up and retain one of the best teams in the business.
- Remain focused on project metrics related to UI design and help guide optimization efforts after launch.
- A minimum of two years experience creating impactful and functional interactive design with multi-disciplinary teams at any known agency, design boutique or media company.
- A portfolio should showcase involvement on at least three significant Website or digital initiatives. Clear, well designed, and annotated documentation is critical to see.
- Ability to prove how design decisions directly led to successful project outcomes.
- Strong multi-tasker. A UI Designer has the ability to think and respond quickly while maintaining attention to detail across multiple projects and teams.
- Good communication skills to articulate functional and UI choices to clients and team members.
- Prior experience with emerging interaction platforms such as mobile, iPad, touch-screen, Microsoft Surface, kiosks, a major plus.
- Possible degree in HCI or Design, though one may have gotten into Information Architecture and UI design through a variety of pathways.
Infusion is a global innovation firm and long time Microsoft partner. We are a combination of expert software development combined with...