We have a Driver – Commercial (FEL) position open in Elkhart, IN.
The Driver – Commercial (FEL) drives a commercial front-end load truck to provide prompt, courteous and complete waste removal for commercial customers.
Representative Responsibilities - Driver – Commercial (FEL):
- Performs complete pre-trip inspection including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
- Drives heavy diesel truck to and from customer locations and disposal area(s).
- Moves waste bin to position accessible by truck and closes all enclosure gates, as nessesary.
- Operates hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Cleans waste from the packer blade and truck body on each landfill or transfer station run.
- Courteously interacts with customers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Cleans up the area around accidental waste spills.
- Reads route sheets to determine day’s schedule and services each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by dispatcher or supervisor.
- Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
- Performs all driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job #.
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement
- As verified by a current MVR/driver abstract, must meet all qualifications as defined under DOT regulation 49 CFR 383.51
- Must meet Allied Waste Driver MVR Qualification Standards.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification
- Two years commercial truck driving experience.
Going Green for the Environment.
Republic Services - 16 months ago