The Riverside County Regional Medical Center has an opening for an Assistant Hospital Administrator I/II. The incumbent in this position will possess seasoned administrative management experience with Construction Project (Implementation) experience. In addition, candidates must have a firm understanding of Joint Commission and OSHPD. The current opening is in Riverside. All candidates must have 3 years administrative experience in an acute care hospital.
Under general direction, to manage, coordinate, plan, and direct the operation of assigned hospital departments and special programs; to assist in the development and implementation of administrative policies and procedures; to act for the Hospital Administrator during absences or as directed; and do other work as required.
This is the fully qualified working level class in the series and incumbents perform the full scope of assignments with a significant degree of independence in attaining program objectives within policy guidelines. Incumbents report to the Hospital Administrator or Associate Medical Center Administrator/Chief Operating Officer and have responsibility for managing and reviewing the activities of assigned departments. This class is characterized by the responsibility for special assignments which may include, but are not limited to accreditation review and compliance, safety review, grant development, facilities and plant development, and all special projects, including patient safety, quality assurance and compliance. This class is distinguished from the Assistant Hospital Administrator I class in that the latter is the first working level class in the series and initially receive general instructions regarding the scope and approach to projects or assignments.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Coordinates, monitors and reviews the activities and staff of assigned departments to assure effective and efficient operation.
- Assists in the development of objectives and policies for assigned departments; assists assigned department supervisors in the establishment of budgets and monitors expenditures against the budget; evaluates the performance of assigned departments and key management and supervisory departments and implements appropriate changes.
- Consults with assigned department supervisors to evaluate services and implement changes in departmental operations if necessary; assists in the development and implementation of hospital operating and administrative policies.
- Performs special studies as assigned by the Hospital Administrator or Associate Medical Center Administrator assumes total responsibility for assigned special projects and provides periodic reports on status of projects to the Hospital Administrator.
- May represent the Hospital at meetings and conferences with County and other officials; prepares correspondence and reports as required.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master's Degree in hospital, health or business or public administration, public health, or behavioral science or nursing (including any required internships of the degree). (Two years of additional hospital administration experience in an acute care hospital may substitute for the required education on the basis of 30 semester or 45 quarter units equal one year of full-time experience.)
Experience: Three years of hospital administration experience in an acute care hospital.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a detailed resume via email to email@example.com. Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. If you have any questions, please call Jeremy Holforty at 951-486-5538.
Note: Resumes received will be entered into the Riverside County Human Resources Job Match System. A list will be created from Job Match based on recruiting guidelines, desirable qualifications, and any other recruitment criteria requested by the hiring authority. Expressing interest and/or meeting the minimum qualification does not guarantee a referral.
County of Riverside - 4 years ago
copy to clipboard