Title: Linux/Unix Systems Administrator - AssuraMed
Location: Ohio-Twinsburg-Twinsburg AssuraMed 1810
Job Number: 13003368
AssuraMed, a Cardinal Health company and the parent company of Independence Medical and Edgepark Medical Supplies, is one of the fastest growing companies in the region and the industry leader in home-delivered, disposable medical supplies. We specialize in providing diabetes, ostomy, wound care, urological, enteral, respiratory and incontinence products to patients nationwide. With a workforce exceeding 1,200 and sales exceeding $1B annually, our success is driven by strong customer commitment, highly ethical operating practices and an unrelenting focus on continuous improvement. Headquartered near Cleveland, Ohio, we offer our customer base more than 30,000 products via seven nationwide distribution centers.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for support and administration of the Company''s Linux, Storage and Virtualization environments as it pertains to the overall business strategy.
The duties listed above are intended to outline the main responsibilities of this position. The duties are not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of a similar nature or level of responsibility.
- Maintain Unix systems, server virtualization and storage infrastructure
- Monitor systems, identifying and correcting errors and resolving performance
- Support project planning, system design, sixing, development and implementation efforts
- Perform hardware and software installation, configuration and maintenance activities
- Ensure systems comply with policies, standards, licensing agreements, configuration guidelines and best practices
- Implement standard system builds for improved Reliability, Availability and Servicability (RAS)
- Utilize high-availability and disaster recovery architectures and processes to maximize uptime
- Remediate security vulnerabilities identified by system scans
- Assist developers with application deployments, upgrades, data migrations and load testing
- Maintain systems documentation for educating information technology staff
- Share information and best practices with team members
- Comply with laws and regulations as they pertain to services provided by the Company. This includes supporting and demonstrating compliance with the Company's Compliance and HIPAA Plans.
- Promptly report any information regarding a known or suspected violation of any applicable laws, regulations, standards or company policy.
- Represent the culture and values of the Company to other groups, agencies and the general public, and ensure accuracy of public information materials.
- As applicable, attend in-service, continuing education or seminar programs to stay current with industry and community trends.
- Attend all required Compliance, HIPAA and other scheduled training.
- As applicable, present to management and staff.
- Identify, support and demonstrate the Company's culture and values to ensure quality service to both internal and external company customers.
- Support and demonstrate the Company's values.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, related field or graduate of an accredited computer science training program
- 1-5 years of design and implementation experience with Linux/Unix server, storage & virtualization technologies
- Enterprise application/database support experience
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $103 billion health care services company that improves the...