This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Bone Marrow Transplant Division. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Takes lead role in coordination of clinical research studies. Reviews protocols to clarify and understand study objectives and develops tools to organize project
1. Compiles patient data from multiple sources and submits for review, schedules patients, prepares billing reqs and test kits
• Coordinates and monitors all necessary tests and procedures required per study. Notifies investigators and staff when required and ensures that protocol procedures are completed as per protocol requirements.
• Directs appropriate laboratory processing and sends research specimens to outside laboratory facilities as per shipping regulations and protocol specifications
• Performs data management for research studies, including completion of required data collection forms or case report forms.
•Performs second eligibility check.
2. Communicates with physician and nurses to ensure protocol is followed appropriately
•Performs protocol-specific education for housestaff, nursing, laboratory and other clinical and administrative staff.
•Reviews and solves problems connected with protocol-specific or general study coordination and compliance.
•Performs coordinating functions for multiple protocols simultaneously with prioritization and at the discretion of the supervisor.
3. Demonstrates Proficiency in Database Management and other required data entry(IDX, SCC Database, etc.)
• Registers patient(s) on appropriate studies. This includes collecting necessary paperwork, registering with coordinating center, if applicable, obtaining randomization/stratification information, and entering patient information into database.
4. Prepares and Reports Study Status
• Prepares and analyzes study-related reports and data summaries at team meetings.
•Responds to data queries and requests from the study sponsor.
•Prepares and participates in both internal and external review processes (e.g., monitoring visits, audits and data safety monitoring reports).
•Effectively negotiates problem resolution.
5. Initiates treatment orders for research studies
•Reports, prepares and submits necessary documentation and forms for Serious Adverse Event Reports as per regulatory and protocol requirements
•Facilitates all aspects of investigational therapy required per study (e.g. coordinates activities with research pharmacy).
•Reviews and approves order sets for junior staff and high complexity studies.
6. Acts as a liaison between patient and investigators to ensure continued patient participation
•Tracks, monitors and documents patients during outpatient treatment as well as in cases of hospitalization.
•Performs protocol-specific patient follow-up (e.g., obtains and documents patient status information).
•Assist with obtaining informed consent.
•Maintains protocol-related records and performs additional administrative functions.
•Records and reports time, workload and productivity efforts.
•Assists in developing investigator-initiated protocols, source documentation and clinical research forms (as needed).
• Assists in development of study budgets (as needed).
• Assists in development and implementation of policies and procedures for CTC operations and processes.
• Participates in special CTC projects, as assigned.
•Demonstrates leadership abilities by:
Facilitating teamwork environment
Mentoring junior staff
Assisting in orientation of new employees
Recommending restructuring of workload in disease specific teams
Equivalent of High School diploma.
Bachelor's degree and experience in a research setting preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $38,147 to $47,673 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (http://medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University in St. Louis is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Employer of Choice in the St. Louis area!
Washington University School of Medicine is an employer of choice in the St. Louis area. The...