Sr Linux System Administrator (SA) will be part of a team responsible for supporting a heterogeneous mix of computing hardware and software platforms, including servers, workstations, and numerous COTS and customer software applications.
The team is responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux/Solaris/Windows servers, performing software installations and upgrades to operating systems and COTS and monitoring and tuning the system to achieve optimum levels of performance. The team supports a development environment providing end user support ranging from basic password resets to troubleshooting complicated system issues. A high degree of accuracy and detailed focus is required in the creation of the systems administration guides and procedures to ensure highly successful deliveries. This position will work without appreciable direction and exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments.
+ years applicable experience
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Strong background in Systems Administration using Linux operating systems environment
- Demonstrated ability to research and create detailed computing system documentation and operational guides/procedures
- Administration and authentication of domain services
- Must be willing and able to travel as required for installation support.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification
- Solid knowledge base of VMware
- Experience with Scripting using multiple languages (e.g. Korn shell, Perl, etc.)
- Understanding of Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Troubleshooting experience with Cisco switches and firewalls
- Demonstrated experience implementing computer security
- Demonstrated contributor on solution in the following areas: Patch Management, Anti-virus, and IAVA notices
Other industry certifications (Security +, CISSP, Windows, Solaris, ITIL, etc)
- Ability to work with limited supervision and must be a selfstarter with initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse user community in quick response situations
Required Education (including
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, InformationTechnology, or a similar technical subject, or ten (10) years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN), with 2011 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 71,000 people worldwide.
At Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS), we transform data into knowledge. IIS is a leading provider of intelligence and information solutions, specializing in ground processing, unmanned ground systems, cybersecurity operations, homeland security and other markets to resolve the most complex problems for our customers worldwide. IIS employs more then 8,300 people worldwide with major hubs in the Mid Atlantic Region, Aurora, CO, and national Headquarters in Garland, TX, IIS generated $3 billion in 2011 revenues.