Olympus America, Inc. with headquarters in Center Valley, PA is a precision technology leader, creating innovative opto-digital solutions in health care and life science products throughout North America. Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its affiliates worldwide to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include: gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products; advanced clinical and research microscopes.
Washington, D.C. - The Area Sales Manager I will be responsible for the designated geographical area, including staff management, sales achievement (including P&L), and budget management. The incumbent will assist in creating and managing Scientific Equipment Group (SEG) business development plans (State of Industry, Sales Channel Strategy, and strategic business approaches for key products and services) under the direction of the Regional Sales Director and SEG Management Team. He/She will create individual sales targets (numerical target, unit base target) for each Sales Representative in the territory. EOE M/F/D/V
Requirements and Responsibilities:
* Assume primary management responsibility for direct reports including Performance Management Evaluation (PME) and Management by Objective (MBO) development and, together with the Regional Sales Director, create sales territories and budgets.
* Manage area budget (P&L) and marketing activities.
* Perform monthly sales funnel reviews within the CRM environment.
* Ensure 100% CRM compliance by direct reports; provide direct supervisor with weekly area report and update of monthly sales forecast.
* Communicate area needs and solutions to direct supervisor.
* Plan and execute product seminars in assigned district; participate and facilitate training sessions.
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with leading researchers in the territory in order to enhance the reputation of Olympus and grow market share.
* Support Sales Representatives in advanced sales demonstrations.
* Provide feedback and counselling in order to develop Sales team personnel skill set.
* Address and resolve complex customer issues or complaints.
* Maintain, manage, and be accountable for area sample accounts; both for accuracy and appropriate product mix.
* Work to develop Olympus specifications for bids.
* Assist in planning, coordinating, and conducting area Sales meetings.
* Take a lead role in the training of newly hired Sales Representatives and Associates.
* Supervise/Manage Micro Sales Representatives and Imaging Sales Representatives.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* A Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, or equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
* A minimum of 4 years of Sales experience in high-end capital equipment is required.
* A minimum of 1 year of management experience is preferred.
* Must have strong interpersonal, communication, and computer skills.
* Must have demonstrated familiarity in Microscopy.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
* The ability to develop and strengthen strong selling and negotiating skills of direct reports is necessary.
* Must have basic computer skills such as Word, Outlook, Email, and PowerPoint.
* Regional travel is required.
* The following physical demands are required:
-Lift/Carry 25 pounds
-Vision requirements correctable to 20/20 vision
-Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hours a day
-Operate moving vehicles
* The following work environment conditions exist:
-Infectious Disease exposure