DX Graphics Software Engineer
If you're interested in computer graphics and working with leading graphics software engineers on Intel's latest GPU/CPU architecture, then our Visual and Parallel Computing Group (VPG) has opportunities for you. VPG delivers Intel's 3D graphics, media, display GPU, and Parallel Computing Technology.
We're looking for passionate and talented engineers who are ready to make significant impacts in graphics and visual computing. As a Graphics Software Engineer, you will join a group developing new architectures to deliver teraflops of performance for high-throughput applications, including scientific computing, gaming, and visualization. You'll interact with a team of the brightest minds in graphics technology, hardware, and software engineering.
This position is for the graphics development group in Hillsboro, Oregon. Our team develops new graphics driver software for Intel CPU/GPUs as well as pushes the envelope of processor graphics performance on yet-to-be-released devices. Here are the types of opportunities our current team members are working on:
- Enable implementation of our upcoming products by designing/developing/implementing graphics software driver features for current and future hardware
- Enhancing and improving graphics performance on upcoming processor graphics devices by analyzing performance issues in software drivers and applications, implementing software performance improvements, and recommending future HW improvements
- Establishing the direction of industry standard APIs and working with hardware architects to ensure full support of upcoming API features
Implement upcoming features in yet-to-be-released OSes to ensure our hardware and software will function and perform as expected on next generation platforms
Candidate should have excellent planning, organization, presentation, and communication skills, and the ability to deal with highly complex systems and apply analytical problem solving.
You must have a Bachelor's degree with 4 years' experience, or a Master's degree with 3 years' experience in an appropriate technical discipline. Experience should be in the following areas:
- Experience in designing and/or developing graphics drivers for Windows operating systems
- Experience in developing DirectX or OpenGL* (either at the application programming level or at the driver level)
- Strong software development (C and/or C++) skills
- Strong debug skills under the Windows* platform
Feb 22, 2013
Feb 23, 2014
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 16 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...