The Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting works in conjunction the Financial Controller to provide strategic leadership of consolidating the financial records of the global company, managing central accounting issues, interacting with the coalition finance teams on accounting and reporting matters, and setting accounting policies and practices. This position is also responsible for establishing control-related standards and procedures.
- 10+ years of related professional experience
- Bachelors degree required; MBA preferred;
- CPA required
- Must have experience with presenting and interacting with C-level executives
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to perform detailed and accurate reviews
- Understanding and analysis of business operations in order to assess accounting considerations
- Manage multiple priorities and maintain composure in challenging circumstances
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations
- Good people management skills to motivate, engage and develop staff and prepare them for succession opportunities
- Excellent relationship skills to facilitate interaction with other departments and coalitions
- Ability to collaborate with colleague at all levels to reach optimal solutions for VF
- Must be able to work long hours at quarter-end and year-end, and at others times as needed, to meet regular reporting deadlines
- Must be able to travel periodically to domestic and international locations
1. Provide oversight and quality assurance for all internal and external consolidated financial reporting, including
- Monthly forecasted and actual balance sheet, cash flows, and income statement.
- All periodic SEC filings (10-Ks, 10-Qs, etc.)and press releases
- Public debt offerings, including comfort letter procedures and required SEC filings
2. Supervise and review the work of the department staff and managers
- Includes overseeing the systems administrator for the consolidation software
3. Coordinate and review significant functional accounting areas such as earnings per share, foreign currency, segment reporting, derivatives, stock-based compensation, goodwill and intangibles
4. Actively engage with coalition finance staff in the US and overseas to:
- Provide assistance with accounting questions and issues
- Understand potential risks associated with accounting and reporting
- Attend or conduct periodic reviews of the coalitions
5. Act as a liaison with tax, treasury, legal, internal audit and financial planning and analysis with regard to accounting issues, policy setting and cross-departmental transactions.
6. Develop and maintain corporate accounting policies and procedures.
7. Act as a key interface in managing the external auditor relationship.
8. Oversee the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts of the corporate accounting group.
9. Motivate, engage and develop staff, and prepare t hem for succession opportunities.
10. Motivates, engages and develops staff, and prepares them for succession opportunities.
VF Corporation - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High put Vans sneakers on the map, but the company owes its current popularity to the fashion sense of...