The Colorado Community College System’s (CCCS) IT division provides high level support to the IT Directors and staff at the system office and all thirteen colleges. CCCS - IT is the provider for the Wide Area Network, internet access, Exchange, Banner ERP system, and Web/Portal systems. In collaboration with the college IT Directors and CCCS senior management, CCCS – IT establishes IT policies and standards for both the system office and the colleges.
CCCS – IT is in need of a Senior Programmer/Analyst!
The Senior Programmer/Analyst is a redesigned position within the Applications Development work group based on increased need for a senior level employee to accomplish work group projects.
The Senior Programmer/Analyst reports to the Director of Applications Development. The Senior Programmer/Analyst adheres to established policies and procedures, leads setting standards, policies, and procedures, and coaches other team members on development techniques and standards. Typically the position works with little direct supervision but may receive direction from other team members as well as lead projects and coach and give direction to other programmers.
This position is responsible for analyzing, designing, documenting, reviewing, and testing complex functions, modules, and programs created in one or more designated programming languages. Translates business requirements into functional specifications, creates database objects as required, and provides Microsoft and Banner application and database support. The Senior Programmer/Analyst facilitates and tracks the definition of project scopes, goals, and deliverables and works with management to define project tasks and requirements.
From time to time, this position may represent the team in various technical capacities such as software and application demonstrations or architecture presentations and also provide direct technical support for a variety of application and technical issues working closely with the Customer Support Team and other developers.
The Senior Programmer/Analyst position is located on the Lowry Campus in Denver, CO. The position may be required to work outside of business hours, including nights and weekends, dependent upon business needs. Occasional travel is required to attend off-site meetings.
The established salary range for this position is $80,000 - $85,000.
A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems from an accredited college or university, making a commitment to further study. Relevant, professional level technical experience may be considered as a substitute for formal education.
In addition to the degree, this position requires three years experience developing complex applications using SQL and a standard programming language such as C#, Java, PHP, PERL or Python, PERL. This experience must have included the following:
- Experience with relational databases and relational database design, preferable Oracle
- Experience with Tomcat and Apache web servers
- Experience with Web Portal Technology
- Experience with Linux
- Experience writing scripts, preferably using bash shell
Why our Employees Stay
- Experience working within a Higher Education environment
- Experience with Banner
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle(s) and various Methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, XP)
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience developing web applications using Java, Groovy or Grails
For a complete overview of CCCS benefits and leave see the Human Resources website: http://www.cccs.edu/HR/Index.html
- Meaningful work with the knowledge they are making a positive impact on our students – directly or indirectly
- CCCS is a team environment with dedicated employees
- Attractive health, dental, vision, and life insurance packages
- Retirement benefits (We participate in PERA in lieu of social security)
- Excellent leave benefits - full time employees accrue 15 hours annual leave and 10 hours of sick leave each month
- Employees and dependents are eligible for Colorado Community College tuition reimbursement
How to Apply
Applicant materials received by March
- Send the following documents to
- Cover letter telling us why you are a good fit for our position
- Current Resume addressing the needs of the job
- If you are identified as a potential fit for this position we will require transcripts and references – if you don’t have transcripts available you will want to request them as official transcripts will be required at time of hire (unofficial are acceptable during the selection process)
are ensured full consideration. The announcement will be closed, and applications will no longer be accepted, when an adequate pool of qualified candidates has been received.
Candidates are evaluated based on their qualifications as related to the needs of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer -
The Colorado Community College System is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, or disability in its activities, programs, or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title IX, and Section 504, Age Discrimination Act, and Title II of the ADA.
Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
This position may require irregular hours, including nights and weekends, as well as working more than eight (8) hours per day at certain times.
For information regarding Colorado Community College System Security, including crime statistics for the Lowry campus and surrounding area, please see the Lowry Campus Security website at: http://www.cccs.edu/Security/crimestats.html. For a hard copy report please contact 303-595-1638.
EDUCAUSE - 19 months ago