Superstars are easy to spot. They're bright, dynamic, and passionate. They don't settle for good enough, they demand excellence both of themselves and others. And at Hayneedle, superstars are the norm, not the exception.
At Hayneedle, customers find what they love and love what they find - for their home, their life, their style. We combine the best selection with innovative online shopping tools and top-notch customer service, culminating in a revolutionary, easy shopping experience.
We've built Hayneedle on hard work, passion, and incredible energy. That's why we've been named one of Omaha's Best Places to Work more than once. If you value a workplace environment that values you, consider applying at Hayneedle. Our expectations are high, but the job satisfaction is higher. And we owe it to our employees to make sure we hire only the best and the brightest.
What does a MySQL Database Administrator at Hayneedle do?
The MySQL Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining all MySQL database instances and platforms including: uptime SLAs, configuration, monitoring, maintenance, and assisting developers. The MySQL DBA will provide solutions for needs using alternative database or data storage technologies.
What basic qualifications will our MySQL Database Administrator need to have?
- Participate in design and implementation of all aspects of the database architecture, including: data models, schemas, data flows, aggregations, replication, backup, and recovery.
- Partner with development teams for performance tuning and optimization, query optimization, and index tuning and be able to document best practices.
- Monitor database health and performance with a focus towards maximizing uptime.
- Assist with upgrade and patch management and keep developers up to speed with the changes.
- Manage database security, backup, failover, and storage lifecycle strategies.
- Assist with overall server and storage architecture.
- Perform recovery and availability validation testing.
- Write, test, and deploy scripts to update large amounts of data on request.
- Identify, recommend, and keep up to date on tools and services for managing database infrastructure.
- Must be available for off-hour pager support.
- Research applicability of new technologies such as NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, etc).
How to apply:
- BS in database management/engineering, computer science, information systems, or related program of study. Education may be substituted for 3+ years of experience in database administration .
- 2 years of database administration experience in MySQL or similar database technology required.
- Experience with implementation and support of database replication.
- Demonstrated capabilities in database backup, recovery, and performance optimization techniques and strategies.
- Familiarity with InnoDB and MyISAM storage engines.
- Familiarity with MySQL Cluster a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve MySQL related issues.
- Ability to collaborate with people of differing skill sets in a team environment.
- Solid communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of the organization, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and reprioritize work quickly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative environment with a sense of urgency.
If you think you're the needle in the haystack we're seeking, convince us. Explain in your cover letter why you think you'll be a good fit at Hayneedle. If the idea of a fast-paced, challenging, and fun environment appeals to you, apply. If you can bring fresh ideas, a great attitude, and commitment to your work, apply. If you're a superstar, you're already composing your opening sentence. Read on for details.
Check us out on the web – www.hayneedle.com
Write us an original and sincere letter telling us about yourself, how you can contribute to our winning team, and what you desire regarding your career.
Fill out our online application – either through Careerlink or at www.hayneedleinc.com/careers.html
Follow us on Twitter at:
Become a fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hayneedle
Ready to experience real job satisfaction, intellectual growth, a good dose of fun and positive work relationships? Then welcome to...