We are looking for a Human Resource Generalist II for our Glens Falls New York Technology Center located at the foothills of the Adirondacks in close proximity to scenic Lake George, New York, historic Saratoga Springs and within a 50 mile radius of the state capital of Albany, New York.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for generalist duties within the Human Resources Department. The incumbent will also provide expertise in one or more functional areas within human resources: recruitment, compensation, training, or employee relations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide client based support to manufacturing, supervisors and HR Manager to understand hiring needs across the facility.
- Screen employment applications and schedule pre-employment testing and coordinate and conduct interview process
- Assists supervisors and employees with interpretations of policies.
- Conducts new employee orientations and exit interviews.
- Conduct trainings, i.e. harassment, train-the-trainer, as needed.
- Provides assistance to supervisors and employees to prevent and mediate conflicts, discipline and terminations.
- Investigates causes of disputes and recommends solutions and/or corrective actions.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning general human resource administration.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Strong organization skills,
Solid interpersonal and communication skills
Experience in Microsoft office applications including Excel, Word and Power Point.
Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced team oriented environment.
PHR, SPHR certification preferred.
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
Proficiency in HRIS and applicant tracking software desirable. (Peoplesoft experience a plus).
Experience in a manufacturing environment highly desirable.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree plus three to five years of Human Resources generalist experience.
Occasionally requires light physical effort as in periods of prolonged standing, sitting at files or work tables or bending, stooping or reaching and/or occasional lifting of light items (i.e. up to 30 lbs).
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...