Job Code: 6108
The Transportation Associate is responsible for the safe and efficient transportation of patients throughout INTEGRIS Health facilities. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Transportation Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Transports patients to and from clinical, ancillary, and support departments.
- Monitors patient condition during transport, calls for assistance and/or utilizes CPR training if necessary.
- Communicates with nursing staff and ancillary departments regarding patient departure and arrival.
- Assists nursing in preparation for transport and upon return to the unit.
- Observes supplemental oxygen safety procedures.
- Follows department policy on weekly equipment cleaning.
The Transportation Associate reports to the unit Manager/Department Director
Required Physical Demands:
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Heavy (Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 year customer service related work experience preferred
- CPR Certification
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively (Verbal/Written)
INTEGRIS is a not-for-profit organization and the state's largest private Oklahoma-owned health system with nearly 9,000 employees working...