Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Ensure that horses are saddled properly
- Prepare jockey equipment prior to each race
- Ensure that jockey is properly attired for each race
- Assist jockey in unsaddling of horses
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
- High School Diploma/GED;
- 0-6 months of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Must have experience working with and around horses, not necessarily as a Valet.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English. Multilingual, preferred.
- Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules.
- Must qualify for a license with the Pennsylvania State Racing Commission and meet any credentialing requirements of the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walking 90% of the time
- Standing 10% of the time
- Bending and Lifting 75% of the time
- Climbing up heights in excess of 10-12 feet
- Lifting/moving maximum of 25 lbs
- Ability to see 20/20, color, and/or peripherally
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions
Something to leave you with:
- This is a smoking environment in guest areas and a non-smoking, with the exception of designated areas, employee environment.
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions.
- Moderate Noise Level.
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job