As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments and for all data center systems, including hardware, software, tools and facilities.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Develops or modifies operating procedures and manuals to solve complex network problems considering network circuits, hardware and protocols, processing platforms hardware and software, and facility systems and cabling.
8. Provides analysis and support to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded network performance.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- Experience in operating, and maintaining Cisco network and/or VoIP systems.
- Experience troubleshooting network problems when considering network circuits, hardware and protocols, processing platforms hardware and software, and facility systems and cabling.
- Experience testing, operating, and maintaining data center networks.
- Comprehensive knowledge of LANs and WANs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT),...