Young Life in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago, Ill. is looking to place a new full-time area director. This position includes several suburban communities, and is full of opportunity as a strategic place within the Chicago area to reach adolescents, as well as develop young adults as leaders. These communities have a long history with Young Life, some that go back to the 1950’s. This job currently oversees two high school ministries in the area and one emerging Capernaum ministry. This job will supervise a first year Young Life staff associate as well.
- Demonstrate spiritual leadership on a personal and corporate level.
- Develop a community of volunteer leaders, some who are working with adolescents and others who are assisting the staff in oversight of the area on Young Life committee.
- Develop a plan to recruit, train and place leaders from local colleges.
- Supervise and train full-time staff.
- Oversee the resource development of the area; meeting with donors and overseeing fundraising events.
- Develop a plan to grow ministry in neighboring communities that don’t have a Young Life presence.
- Participate in dynamic direct ministry with kids.
- Build a team to handle the administrative tasks of the job.
- Participate and lead in annual staff events and training events.
- Young Life area director experience is preferred.
- Spiritual maturity and a growing faith.
- Successful track record in working with adolescents.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in developing people.
- Strong initiative and vision.
- Experience in raising money and managing budgets.
The opportunity for successful ministry in the Northwest suburbs is endless in terms of reaching kids, developing leadership and sustaining financial health. Several strong church communities exist in the area, and serve as an outlet for leadership development and partnerships.
How To Apply:
Please complete the online application via the link below. In addition, please email or call (630) 428-4230 with questions.