AMENDED: SEE EXTENDED CLOSE DATE AND REQUIRED POSTED GERONTOLOGY CERTIFICATION!
THE SELECTED CANDIDATE MUST HAVE AND SHOW PROOF OF ANCC GERONTOLOGY CERTIFICATION. (PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF CERTIFICATION WITH APPLICATION PACKET!
The Advance Nurse Practitioner (ANP) for the Extended Care Line Home Based Primary Care will provide primary home basedcare to adult patients with the goal of promoting and maintaining the healthof patients and preventing illness based upon the nursing process at the Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center (MEDVAMC). The ANP will service patients assigned to the Katy Outpatient Based Clinic. The ANPassess, diagnosis, treatment of health care problems and prescription of pharmacological and non pharmacological interventions.The ANP duties include the following but are not limited to:
Work Schedule : Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm or 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Collaborate with supervising physician as necessary regarding patient care.
- Demonstrate advanced skills, knowledge, and ability to perform treatments, procedures and utilize equipment appropriate to practice.
- Collaborate openly, directly and timely to medical, nursing and other support staff to assure patient data is shared with appropriate staff.
- Communicate with patients, families, care givers, and other disciplines to identify, analyze, and resolve problems affecting patient care.
- Analyze findings and change practice based on quality improvement findings.
- Evaluate practice of self and colleagues against standards of practice and relevant regulations (i.e., professional nursing organizations, nurse practice acts, JCAHO, OSHA) and take action to improve compliance.
- Share knowledge with colleagues and/or students either in formal in-service or informally as a resource person or consultant in area of practice.
DESIGNATED DRUG-TESTING POSITION: Applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test result is received.
* U.S. citizenship
* THE SELECTED CANDIDATE MUST HAVE AND SHOW PROOF OF ANCC GERONTOLOGY CERTIFICATION. (PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF CERTIFICATION WITH APPLICATION PACKET.)
* English language proficiency
* Physical standards - All applicants must meet the physical standards for the position. A physical examination prior to employment may be required.
* Registration Current, full, active and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the U.S. or in the District of Columbia . The RN must maintain a current, full active and unrestricted registration to continue employment with the VA
* Educational requirements can be met as follows:
* Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
* Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia. In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
* A nurse practitioner must be licensed or otherwise recognized as a nurse practitioner in a State, possess a master's degree from a program accredited by the NLNAC or CCNE, and maintain full and current certification as a nurse practitioner from the American Nurses Association or another nationally recognized certifying body.
* Applicant's education and length of nursing practice (experience) will be considered by a Nurse Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. Experience as a Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner will be evaluated to determine if the experience is of an acceptable level of quality with regard to the following four dimensions of nursing: Practice, Professional Development, Collaboration and Scientific Inquiry. Each dimension of practice has criteria that demonstrate essential core competencies for VHA Nursing Personnel. The criteria are as follows: Practice: practice, ethics and resource utilization, Professional Development: performance, education/career development, Collaboration; collaboration, collegiality, Scientific Inquiry: quality of care, research.
* Current ACLS.
* Prescriptive Authority. Must be license with prescriptive privileges.
* Nurse II - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN or bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years experience or Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in related field.
* Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN or bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 years experience or Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 years experience.
Preferred Experience :
Professional nursing experience should be documented on the Application for Employment Nurse and Nurse Anesthetists (VA Form 10-2850a). References: VA Handbook 5005/27, Part II, Appendix G6, NURSE QUALIFICATION STANDARD, dated March 17, 2009.
- 2 years Nurse Practitioner experience.
Applicant's education and experience will be reviewed by a Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
References: VA Handbook 5005/27, Part II, Appendix G6, NURSE QUALIFICATION STANDARD, dated March 17, 2009.
Applicant's education and experience will be reviewed by aProfessional Standards Board in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected.The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Heavy Lifting (50 lbs and over); Heavy Carrying (50 lbs and over); Straight Pulling (1-2 hours); Pushing (1 2 hours); Use of fingers; Both hands required; Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable; Hearing (aid permitted); work closely with others, as well as, protracted or irregular hours of work; Use stretchers to transfer patients and use patient lifts, if applicable.
Veteran's Preference :
When applying for Federal jobs, eligible veteransshould claim preferenceon the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of DD-214(s) showing all dates of service as well as character of service (honorable, general, etc.). Additionally, veterans with service-connected disability of 10% or more must also submit a copy of their official statement from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying their service-connected disability and/or their receipt of compensation for service-connected disability. If the military member is within 120 days of separation and does not yet have a DD214, the member may instead submit any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed.
Veterans with service-connected disability of less than 10%, nonservice-connected disability, andPurple Heart recipients, as-well-as those claiming derived preference for a spouse, widow or widower, or natural mother, should refer to and submita completed SF 15, "Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference," and required documentation with your application materials.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, go to http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetsinfo.asp .
Required Documents :
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1.Completed Online Questionnaire
2.CV or Resume
3.VA Form 10- 2850a - Application For Nurses And Nurse Anesthetists (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850a-fill.pdf
4. Proof of current certification, licensure or registration
5. Unofficial transcript(s) - official college transcript(s) will be required before being hired).
6.Optional Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (Available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf ).
Veterans must submit appropriate documentation as described previously in this vacancy announcement.
If currently employed in the VA system, include a copy of your latest SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action.
7.THE SELECTED CANDIDATE MUST HAVE AND SHOW PROOF OF ANCC GERONTOLOGY CERTIFICATION. (PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF CERTIFICATION WITH APPLICATION PACKET).
FortBendJobs.com - 6 months ago