Software Dev Engineer II
As a qualified Software Dev Engineer you will need to understand most of the network and software security issues and their mechanisms. Broad knowledge in networking protocols, operating systems, development languages and databases are needed.
- Network infrastructure, protocols and tools such as TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, Wireshark, TCPDump etc.
- Linux/Unix knowledge, such as Ubuntu, Fedora.
- Programming languages such as C/C++, Perl, Python, PHP, ASP, Bash etc.
- Database skills such as MSSQL, MySQL and Postgres.
- Network Vulnerabilities such as Buffer Overflow, SQL Injection.
- Reverse engineering skills and tools, such as OllyDBG, IDAPro.
- Experience as a member of IPS research team for network security product is a plus
- Knowledge of basic principles, methods, technologies and practices of a professional/technical field.
- Apply a basic understanding of the underlying principles of a professional discipline -typically obtained through formal study.
- General knowledge of procedures and activities within own work area.
- Ability to relate actual day-to-day work to business priorities.
- Focused on learning the key aspects and duties of the job being performed
- Basic knowledge of programming languages; operating systems; firmware; BIOS; device drivers; databases; system, network, operating system, and application administration; embedded software/firmware; tools and utilities, as applicable.
- Able to code/debug simple programs using either written or verbal design specifications.
- Experience with multiple programming languages, databases, operating systems, tools and hardware platforms. Able to achieve mastery of new tools, languages and operating systems with some training and on-the-job experience.
- Familiarity with several Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance methodologies. Able to define and document how a specific Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance method will be used for specific projects.
- Able to participate and add value in all phases of software development: feasibility, design, implementation, integration, test and delivery.
- B.S. or M.S. (preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent, or equivalent experience
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 13 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...