Parsons Brinckerhoff has an immediate opening in the Albuquerque, NM office for a full time Transportation Planner II. The successful candidate will work with a variety of staff and clients in the fields of transit and highway planning and environmental analysis and documentation. The candidate must be well organized, self-directed, and have the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist senior staff in a variety of planning studies related to highway, transit, rail, and multi-use trail project development.
- Assist senior staff in the preparation of NEPA documents.
- Collection and analysis of planning data pertaining to highways, transit, rail, and trail projects. Data collection will include both field work and literature research.
- Preparing technical reports required by federal and state transportation agencies.
- Working with agency staff and the general public.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
Parsons Brinckerhoff is an EOE, M/F/D/V.
- Bachelor’s Degree in planning, transportation engineering, or a related science and/or engineering field. Masters degree in planning or transportation engineering is desirable.
- 4-5 years experience in transportation planning, engineering, or NEPA documentation.
- Experience working on transit, highway, and trail projects. Corridor studies and alternatives analysis experience is desired.
- Working knowledge of planning principles and practices with an emphasis in the surface transportation field.
- Working knowledge of NEPA and the related analyses, agency coordination, public involvement, and documentation requirements of NEPA.
- Working knowledge of federal transit and highway planning procedures.
- Working knowledge of principles and practice of research and data collection.
- Working knowledge of GIS and ability to use GIS for analysis purposes.
- Detail-oriented with careful attention to accuracy and deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in a group setting.
- Ability to work consistently at a fast pace while adapting to changing priorities
- Strong technical writing skills and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have legal authorization to immediately work in the United States, as well as currently reside within the United States.
Balfour Beatty - 18 months ago
Talented? Check. In demand? Check. Handsome? You decide. Check out this Beatty -- Balfour Beatty. The company provides infrastructure and...