Parsons Brinckerhoff has an immediate opening in the Albuquerque, NM office for a full time Transportation Planner II. The successful candidate will work with a variety of staff and clients in the fields of transit and highway planning and environmental analysis and documentation. The candidate must be well organized, self-directed, and have the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist senior staff in a variety of planning studies related to highway, transit, rail, and multi-use trail project development.
- Assist senior staff in the preparation of NEPA documents.
- Collection and analysis of planning data pertaining to highways, transit, rail, and trail projects. Data collection will include both field work and literature research.
- Preparing technical reports required by federal and state transportation agencies.
- Working with agency staff and the general public.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
Parsons Brinckerhoff is an EOE, M/F/D/V.
- Bachelor’s Degree in planning, transportation engineering, or a related science and/or engineering field. Masters degree in planning or transportation engineering is desirable.
- 4-5 years experience in transportation planning, engineering, or NEPA documentation.
- Experience working on transit, highway, and trail projects. Corridor studies and alternatives analysis experience is desired.
- Working knowledge of planning principles and practices with an emphasis in the surface transportation field.
- Working knowledge of NEPA and the related analyses, agency coordination, public involvement, and documentation requirements of NEPA.
- Working knowledge of federal transit and highway planning procedures.
- Working knowledge of principles and practice of research and data collection.
- Working knowledge of GIS and ability to use GIS for analysis purposes.
- Detail-oriented with careful attention to accuracy and deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in a group setting.
- Ability to work consistently at a fast pace while adapting to changing priorities
- Strong technical writing skills and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have legal authorization to immediately work in the United States, as well as currently reside within the United States.
Talented? Check. In demand? Check. Handsome? You decide. Check out this Beatty -- Balfour Beatty. The company provides infrastructure and...