Summary / Purpose
As a Principal Electrical Design Engineer you will have developed an expertise in a particular field of engineering or within a particular sector. You will have lead design teams through full product development and into production. As a Principal, you will be expected to demonstrate a level of expertise in a particular area that matches or exceeds the expertise of our customers. You will consult on system architectures, assess technical requirements and competencies needed during quoting and oversee design progressions during product developments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Meet the requirements of Lead Electrical Design Engineer in your respective expertise
• Will represent Jabil Design Engineering in technical customer discussions / meetings.
• Work with Project Managers in the quoting process.
• Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
• Is expected to support the development and utilization of processes for design.
• Mentoring of all engineering staff
• Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
• Raise perception of Jabil’s acumen in the industry by authoring or presenting papers, articles, etc.
• Should be associated with applicable industry trade groups/organizations maintaining active membership and participation.
• Work with Site Directors to define potential R&D project proposals that will help increase areas of competencies needed.
• Lead the development and implementation of platform and product architectures in collaboration with senior technical staff.
• Guide and oversee the development of system component requirements, interfaces, and specifications necessary to maintain the consistency and integrity of the architectures.
• Manage product design and documentation at a system level.
• Perform independent research and engineering studies.
• Lead remote development teams.
• Effectively consult on multiple projects in parallel.
• Develop IP Patents, Technical Publications or White Papers
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Design Manager or Group Lead
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
• MUST HAVE Minimum 8 years experience in the design of food and beverage systems.
Provide Subject Matter Expertise and best practices for the integration of electrical subsystems
• Experience with Vending, Cooling and/or dispensing equipment control systems
• Hands-on experience with development and approval of food related equipment
• Experience controlling pumps, valves, and interfacing with sensors
• Experience with IP based networking, security and UDP protocol
• Unassisted design and development of embedded control based hardware/firmware
• Knowledge of domestic and international regulatory bodies and standards (NSF, FCC, UL)
Jabil is an E.O.E
Jabil Circuit - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Jabil Circuit is one of the leading providers of electronics manufacturing services (EMS) in the world. Its largest segment, diversified...