ABOUT JUNIPER NETWORKS
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Our products and technology run the world’s largest and most demanding networks today, enabling service providers, enterprises, and governments to create value and accelerate business success. Everyday our 9,000+ colleagues come together across 46 countries to realize our company vision – Connect Everything, Empower Everyone. We are innovating in ways that empower our customers, our partners and ultimately, everyone, in a connected world. These customers include the top 130 global service providers, 96 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of public sector organizations.
WHERE WILL YOU DO YOUR BEST WORK?
Wherever you are in the world, whether it’s downtown Sunnyvale or London, Westford or Bangalore, Juniper is a place that was founded on disruptive thinking – where colleague innovation is not only valued, but expected. We believe that the great task of delivering a new network for the next decade is delivered through the creativity and commitment of our people. The Juniper Way is the commitment to all our colleagues that the culture and company inspire their best work—their life’s work. At Juniper we believe this is more than a job - it’s an opportunity to help change the world...
Consulting Engineer – Mobility
As Juniper evolves from a hardware box to a Solutions company, solving business and technical problems will be a key component to unlock Juniper’s value to our customers. This role will be critical in promoting and supporting the capabilities of Juniper’s ability to solve our customer’s Mobile networking problems and in evolving Juniper to a solutions culture.
The Consulting Engineer (CE) role provides high-end pre-sales technical and architectural support for Sales in the Americas’ theater. The role of the CE is to:
- Be subject matter expert on specified technologies and solutions.
- Meet with customers and present Juniper value proposition.
- Drive messaging with customer and drive customer needs/trends with Juniper product houses, solution development and marketing teams as needed.
- Take responsibility for the direction of Juniper solutions and messaging.
- Participate in customer RFP responses, POC Labs and on-site demos as needed.
- Support Marketing events as needed.
- Understand specific technology area, drive solution sales with customers and represent business needs of customers back into Juniper product houses.
CEs must build and maintain relationships with various organizations:
Skills and Experience:
- Must work cohesively with Business Development peer on same subject matter.
- Juniper groups to include PLM, Marketing, Customer Support, and other organizations.
- External organizations and relevant standards bodies, industry forums, and technical conferences.
- CxO customers in the SP Market.
- Operating area technical leads, and Industry Technology Architects.
- Participate in and own (where appropriate) Juniper Technical Specialist (JTS) and Community of Interest (COI) groups as required.
- CE peers in other sales theaters.
o Interworking and integration of Mobile Network Architectures, including Mobile Packet Core/Evolved Packet Core, Mobile Backhaul (L2, L3, and MPLS), Radio Access Networks (RAN), Provisioning/OSS/BSS, and service requirements of all functional domains within a Mobile ecosystem
- Deep knowledge of mobile networking solutions; candidate must be able to use that background as the basis for making assessments of the future requirements of Juniper solutions or the impacts that engineering decisions will have on our customers.
- Qualified candidates will have extensive experience in one or more of the following solution and technology areas:
o Deep understanding of mobile ecosystems and required functions, including Subscriber Management, Provisioning, and Value Added Services
o Lawful Intercept in mobile networking
o 3GPP and 3GPP2 specifications with working experience of converged IP core deployments to meet the architectural requirements of Next Generation Mobile Networks
o Juniper’s MobileNext mobile broadband gateway
o IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) and Fixed-Mobile Convergence (FMC)
o Circuit Switched/Packet Switched domains of GSM/UMTS or CDMA/EvDO
o Migration approaches from 2G to 3/4G and packet technologies
o GGSN, PDN, and other packet gateways
o GPRS, GTP, Mobile IP, RANAP and other network mobility protocols
o Designing and deploying mobile networks with other vendor products and solutions, such as Ericsson, Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Starent, NSN, and others
o Technical consulting work involving design, deployment, operations and optimization of Mobile Networking solutions
- Experience with AAA protocols such as RADIUS/Diameter is a plus
- Strong expertise in IPv4, IPv6, and MPLS is desirable
- Mobile Networking Product Management experience is desirable
- Must be able to apply Juniper products and solutions in conjunction with Partners’ products via solutions, both pre-architected and custom designs.
- Ability to learn technologies quickly, especially with regard to software solution issues
- Having a track record of building new business in the software arena is desirable
- Exceptional customer facing skills, in partnership with sales leads and subordinates
- Excellent ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and build consensus.
- Strong ability to work internationally and understand different priorities in various cultures.
- Technically capable of articulating specific product/customer requirements and understand how they will affect customer networks.
- Ability to translate complicated technical needs for various non-technical audiences.
- Team management skills are a plus.
CEs must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to present to small and large audiences. Must be able to articulate solutions to varied audiences ranging from technical to CxO. Must be able to speak to both the technical details and merits of Juniper solutions as well as how the solution will address the business requirements and challenges of the customer.
Must have 10+ years experience working with service provider customers. Must have 5+ years experience working in specific subject matter area and have made tangible contributions to solution/technology area. BS/BA and certifications are preferred.
Must be willing to travel 50-75% of the time.
We offer very market competitive benefits i.e. Base, Commission, Equity, 401k, ESPP, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, PTO (15 days accrual 1st yr), 12 Paid Holidays, EAP, Credit Union, Child/Elderly Care, Tuition Reimbursement, and Green commute incentives.
Juniper Networks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Juniper Networks is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Juniper Networks - 15 months ago
Juniper Networks has blossomed in a landscape dominated by Cisco. The company designs and sells network infrastructure equipment used to de...