The role of the Senior Cyber Security Engineer is to research, develop, build, evaluate and validate security solutions. Cognizant of the entire system development life cycle. Assesses and mitigates system security risks and threats throughout the life cycle. Has the ability to craft custom system security requirements, perform analysis against those requirements, establish secure system designs and evaluate how well the design protects the defined assets. Able to assess generic and unique security risks to customers and has the ability to mitigate those risks consistent with available budget, timelines and resources. Possesses and maintains appropriate industry security certifications. Able to perform Certification and Accreditation (C&A), Information Assurance (IA) and Information Security (InfoSec) task activities as required by customers. Applies sound engineering principles and industry best practices in all efforts. Additionally, the candidate is responsible for the overall management of the specific project (s) and insuring that the technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner; Ensures that all control gates are met on schedule; Performs organizational wide integration planning and interfaces to other functional systems; ensures that the project team members are fully utilized or are made available to support other projects to meet the requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The candidate will organize and manage all control gates, security approval processes, documentation, and deployment processes. The candidate is expected to have the ability to clearly present information; read and interpret information; interact with customers or stakeholders; listen well and work through others to obtain results. The ideal candidate must possess excellent customer services to develop strong customer relationships and facilitating communication within the development team, senior management and customers/stakeholders. The candidate is expected to perform general administrative duties. The successful candidate must be a highly motivated officer with a strong IT background and will be required to work closely with technical partners. The selected candidate must possess a good mix of both technical and programmatic skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include:
· Conduct system and software vulnerability discovery and analysis
· Perform risk assessments
· Research industry standards
· Assist in preparation of system security documentation
· Evaluate security products
· Evaluate security hardware and software vendors
· Create analytics that report on security infrastructure
· Define relevant security policies for an organization
· Craft comprehensive solutions to difficult or complex architectures and environments
· Interface with all other engineering disciplines
· Assist with Business Development activities
· Brief any level of customer at formal and informal reviews and events
· Maintain relationships with key decision makers and/or senior technical personnel
· Crafts new solutions and evaluate systems against any know security risk
· Coordinates the technical work output of teams
· Designs and documents advanced cyber security solutions for proposals
· Directs security response against a range of environments
· Other duties as assigned
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of work experience or equivalent relevant work experience.
· Strong facilitation expertise with experience and comfort with managing small to very large groups through complex concepts/issues
· Excellent public speaking skills with the ability to present in front of large audiences
· Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and functional areas
· Strong writing and presentation development skills, with an ability to produce high-quality deliverables created through collaboration
· Has the capability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical team members.
· Experience providing executive level briefings to share results of accomplishments
· Experience developing metrics to measure success of process improvement initiatives
· Strong track record of positive customer and stakeholder interactions
· Experience managing engineering or development projects.