1. Full time student pursuing a degree in Business, Consumer Affairs, Sociology, Human Resources, or related field.
2. Excellent organization and communication skills.
3. Maintain confidentiality of personal and pay information of employees.
4. Professionalism in working with all internal and external customers.
5. Regularly and reliably work the scheduled hours.
6. Computer knowledge including proficiency with Microsoft Office, and ability to learn our Human Resource / Training process, intranet, and email systems.
7. Excellent telephone skills.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality of personnel and corporate information required.
9. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
10. Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
11. Background check will be conducted.
12. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
Position located in Brookings, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a fulltime student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15 - 20 hours / week during the academic year and at least 20hrs/week during the summer.
Daktronics is recognized worldwide as leader in the large electronics display industry. The company designs, manufactures, sells and services a variety of display products in three primary markets: sports, commercial, and transportation.
Our Personnel department is responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, benefits, Human Resource, policies, and payroll. The Personnel students support the Personnel department and assist in the day-to-day activities. This individual will become knowledgeable in various areas of the Personnel department to develop an overall understanding of the department and company structure.
1. Support Human Resouce staff.
2. Create and distribute offer letters.
3. Participate in managing paper and electronic employee files.
4. Data entry, including but not limited to, employee evaluations, applications and job requisitions.
5. Assist with hosting interviews.
6. Route and request applicant information through letters and email.
7. Assist in maintaining requisitions on website.
8. Assist in posting requisitions with schools, professional web sites, and job search engines.
9. Assist in gathering and sending recruiting materials for career fairs and other recruiting events.
10. Update and prepare various reports and spreadsheets.
11. General clerical duties including keyboarding, reporting, filing, faxing, mailing, and copying.
12. Assist with personnel projects as assigned.
13. Follow company guidelines and policies.
14. Write and follow procedures.
15. Maintain strict confidentiality.
South Dakota State Government - 9 months ago