Physician Leadership Opportunity in Wichita Falls, TX
Cogent HMG is seeking an experienced Program Medical Director (PMD) to lead our Hospitalist team in Wichita Falls, TX!.
Cogent HMG is the nation’s largest private hospitalist company, and is focused on relentlessly improving efficiency and quality of inpatient care, by supporting our hospitalists with technology and operational infrastructure, a coordinated clinical care team, data-driven processes, rigorous ongoing training and experienced leadership.
The PMD position is critical to the success of our program within a hospital, and function as the clinical leader of the program sharing overall program leadership with the Cogent HMG Program Manager (PM). Together, the PMD and PM are responsible for the performance of the Cogent HMG team and its specific goals.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities, but not limited to:
Education, Training & Experience Required:
- Performance Management of Cogent HMG Hospitalists
- Relationship management with key clinical and administrative stakeholders at the hospital
- Advocate for and support of all existing standardized Cogent HMG processes, tools, services
- Champion for change management and implementation of required expectations within the program
- Position is structured for approximately 80% clinical and 20% management responsibilities
- MD or DO degree
- ABIM or AOBIM certification in Internal Medicine.
- License (or eligible) to practice in the respective state
- Demonstrated previous leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of physician services documentation and coding compliance requirements
- Understanding of techniques in financial decision making
- Skill in physician recruitment and retention practices
- Experience in quality improvement initiatives, preferably with leadership responsibilities
- Experience in hospital medicine
PracticeLink.com - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -