Position Title: QC Service Technician FLSA Status: (Non-Exempt)
Reports to: Director of Quality EEO Category: 3
Job Status: Full time
Summary: Responsible for root-cause trouble-shooting, documentation, repair and testing of electronic medical devices.
Troubleshoot circuit assemblies, finished devices and systems to the component level, to include root-cause diagnosis, documentation of findings, execution of repairs and testing.
- Perform automated, semi-automated and manual testing on subassemblies and finished devices to assure that they meet specifications.
- Recognize device failures that present patient safety risk and follow established procedures in documenting and reporting such observations.
- Assist in the development of test documentation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Mentor other technicians to perform testing and troubleshooting.
- Support the organization's continuous improvement activities, customer satisfaction and quality improvement initiatives.
- Follow all established procedures in the performance of job functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate’s Degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent.
- Experience: at least five years related experience performing advanced circuit board and systems troubleshooting.
- In-depth knowledge of electronic test equipment. Ability to use a variety of equipment including (but not limited to): digital multi-meter (DMM), frequency counter, oscilloscope and mechanical measuring equipment.
- Demonstrated soldering and de-soldering skills (may be tested)
- IPC certification a plus
- Experience with SMT (surface mount technology) components.
- Excellent understanding of electronic circuits, components and their operation.
- Ability to read and understand test procedures, schematics, Spec Sheets and other technical documentation.
- Experience with ESD (electro-static discharge) control procedures.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Computer skills: ability to use a variety of software including MS Word and MS Excel.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
This position requires frequent or continuous periods of talking, sitting, repetitive motions of the hands/wrists, standing, walking, reaching, grasping, and handling. May also time spent in the warehouse in a colder/sometime open air environment for extended periods of time. Excellent vision and hearing are essential. May require, bending, stooping and the ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
For more than twenty years, RS Medical has delivered leading clinical tools and procedure products, equipping the care of more than one...