Position Title: QC Service Technician FLSA Status: (Non-Exempt)
Reports to: Director of Quality EEO Category: 3
Job Status: Full time
Summary: Responsible for root-cause trouble-shooting, documentation, repair and testing of electronic medical devices.
Troubleshoot circuit assemblies, finished devices and systems to the component level, to include root-cause diagnosis, documentation of findings, execution of repairs and testing.
- Perform automated, semi-automated and manual testing on subassemblies and finished devices to assure that they meet specifications.
- Recognize device failures that present patient safety risk and follow established procedures in documenting and reporting such observations.
- Assist in the development of test documentation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Mentor other technicians to perform testing and troubleshooting.
- Support the organization's continuous improvement activities, customer satisfaction and quality improvement initiatives.
- Follow all established procedures in the performance of job functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate’s Degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent.
- Experience: at least five years related experience performing advanced circuit board and systems troubleshooting.
- In-depth knowledge of electronic test equipment. Ability to use a variety of equipment including (but not limited to): digital multi-meter (DMM), frequency counter, oscilloscope and mechanical measuring equipment.
- Demonstrated soldering and de-soldering skills (may be tested)
- IPC certification a plus
- Experience with SMT (surface mount technology) components.
- Excellent understanding of electronic circuits, components and their operation.
- Ability to read and understand test procedures, schematics, Spec Sheets and other technical documentation.
- Experience with ESD (electro-static discharge) control procedures.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Computer skills: ability to use a variety of software including MS Word and MS Excel.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
This position requires frequent or continuous periods of talking, sitting, repetitive motions of the hands/wrists, standing, walking, reaching, grasping, and handling. May also time spent in the warehouse in a colder/sometime open air environment for extended periods of time. Excellent vision and hearing are essential. May require, bending, stooping and the ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
RS Medical - 3 years ago
For more than twenty years, RS Medical has delivered leading clinical tools and procedure products, equipping the care of more than one...