Data Production Analyst
Use your ETL skills for data analysis, troubleshooting and the processing of large datasets. Other tasks include build process automation using your UNIX shell scripting skills with our "Big Data". This position allows the opportunity to become acquainted with the cutting edge HPCC technology (
) for massively parallel processing of data.
Skills you need to have:
Experience reviewing, analyzing, processing and loading data files that come in various formats.
Experience working in a production environment where the analyst has a track record of automating files or data processes.
UNIX experience (proficient in navigation, file manipulation and shell scripting)
Some programming experience.
Able to multi-task and pay close attention to detail
Ability to manage simultaneous tasks
Ability to trouble-shoot production issues
Thrive in a time-critical environment
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
1. Perform the extraction, transfer and load processes defined for datasets through a production system using various types of automated and manual processes.
2. Maintain the currency of datasets based on defined update cycles.
3. Perform independent and detailed data quality analysis on current or new processes.
4. Interface with technical and non-technical personnel and/or team members to answer data anomalies and data questions.
5. Provide feedback on technical tasks of simple to moderate complexity.
6. Have the ability to read and code proficiently in the required language for the ability to query against the processed data.
7. Perform support functions in validation cycle as required (i.e., test monitoring, debugging, problem resolutions, etc.).
8. Maintain and keep updated all documentation necessary to support the data load processes.
9. Other duties as assigned.
WHO WE ARE:
LexisNexis® - Risk Solutions (
) is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting and academic markets. LexisNexis originally pioneered online information with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. A member of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis serves customers in more than 100 countries with 15,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is specifically designed to serve the multi-billion dollar risk information industry, which is comprised of professionals and organizations such as law enforcement, government agencies, financial services firms, collection agencies, insurance and health care providers, hiring managers, and other profession
Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, math, information systems or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience.
2 - 4 years experience with proficient knowledge and understanding of the full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of simple to moderate complexity systems.
Ability to work independently and collaborate with technical and non technical staff.
Strong written and verbal communication skills including effectively communicating technical concepts to technical and non- technical audiences.
Ability to provide .detail information and .summarize to various levels of staff including management.
Ability to effectively resolve issues/problems to reach a workable and successful solution.
Ability to learn, understand and develop large systems of simple-to-moderate complexity.
Ability to work in ambiguous situations.
Ability to deliver a quality code product as scheduled.
USA-OH-Dayton, USA-GA-Alpharetta, USA-MT-Bozeman
Aug 21, 2012, 1:41:48 PM
LexisNexis - 10 months ago
Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers onli...