Blake Medical Center located in Bradenton, Florida is just minutes from the Gulf Coast beaches. Our 383-bed acute care facility has been named a nine-time "100 Top Hospital" and a "100 Top Cardiovascular Hospital" by Thompson Reuters, formerly known as Solucient. With a strong commitment to quality care, advanced technology and professional development we make sure our employees are well cared for too.
Along with dozens of specialties and accredited treatment programs, our award-winning hospital also features several Centers of Excellence:
Heart & Vascular Institute * Chest Pain Center with PCI * Advanced Primary Stroke Center * Cancer Care * Joint Care * Spine Care Center
The SSU RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider through the AHA.
- ACLS preferred..
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.