This position provides daily desktop hardware and operating system support and telephone system support services to corporate users through visits, phone calls and remote access. It also includes installing PCs and desktop applications on a daily basis (including system and application upgrades) and supporting network servers and provides application administration as assigned.
- Must participate within an IT Helpdesk team environment and follow an IT Helpdesk process under the direction of the Director, Information Technology and Services, and other supervisory staff as assigned.
- Serves as contact for users on hardware and software issues. Receive and troubleshoot user support requests through all methods, including a helpdesk ticketing system, phone calls, and/or walk-ups to a timely, successful resolution.
- Must maintain defined working hours for support coverage as directed by IT management and supervisory staff.
- May require travel to other offices for support and other IT tasks as directed by supervisory staff.
- Via IT Helpdesk software, inputs and maintains data, evaluates and analyzes incident reports for recurring problems. Makes recommendations to reduce support incidents.
- Educates users on the functions of installed general office applications, operating systems and phone system.
- Assists with the orientation of new employees in appropriate IT procedures and/or helping them get started with the applicable computerized systems.
- Handles day-to-day user administration on all Windows systems, enterprise applications and the telephone system.
- Installs and provides routine maintenance on users’ PCs, printers, hardware and software as well as network servers.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and place service calls with the appropriate maintenance vendors when necessary. Coordinates outside vendor support for desktop and laptop computers.
- Supports server backup administration via IT’s enterprise backup policy.
- Maintains PC images and updates/deploys them when necessary.
- Provides anti-virus, anti-spam and general email administration and support.
- Maintains IT Department “Media” (CDs, User Manuals, etc.)
- Carries out established corporate policies regarding acquisition and use of hardware and software. Organizes the tracking of hardware and software modifications to the network infrastructure.
- Develops detailed technical documentation for network, server and desktop specific hardware and software; Creates, updates, and follows IT process documentation.
- Assists with operations, security, backups, software installations and upgrades on the local area network to ensure minimum downtime and a secure environment.
- Personally keep current with application updates and industry trends in order to maximize Enghouse’s investment in computerized systems.
- Makes recommendations regarding hardware and software to meet identified business needs.
- Monitors networks, servers, desktop systems and applications on a regular basis using both manual and automated network management and analysis tools in order to identify potential problem areas and ensure prompt corrective action is initiated.
- Resolves hardware, software and peripheral problems and researches system documentation to obtain solutions.
- Evaluates, selects and applies proven techniques, procedures and criteria, in making enhancements and modifications to desktop related hardware and software.
- May participate in specialized projects with other functional groups as required; participates in short and long-term corporate network planning.
- Some work will include: off-first shift, weekend work and on-call services after normal business hours. Will carry cell phone to facilitate communications both during and after normal business hours.
- Works under the general direction of the Director, Information Technology and Services, and other supervisory staff as assigned.
- Follows Corporate IT policies and procedures as defined.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as required.
Enghouse Interactive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Minimum 4 years Windows technical support and network experience.
- Network systems administration experience in a corporate environment a prerequisite.
- Significant knowledge of computer software: MS Office Suite, MS Outlook, MS Exchange.
- PC and server operating system technical skills including Server 2008, Windows 7 and Windows 8 (32bit & 64bit).
- Strong experience with PC hardware required.
- Analytical skills necessary to troubleshoot user problems and determine user needs and system requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills: possesses a strong customer satisfaction attitude with the ability to train both inexperienced & experienced users in the use of technology.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and orally with all levels of internal users, including executive management.
- Strong time management skills: perform a variety of tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Understands network protocols and methodologies and can support TCP/IP and Network Protocols in a Microsoft environment.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours as directed.
- Be a team player within a global structure.
- Physical ability to lift and install equipment (computers and peripherals) in and around desks and in small places.
- Knowledge of the following is a plus: MS Office Suite Applications, Active Directory, Domain Management, VPN, VMware, Cisco Networking Equipment, Managed Ethernet Switches, Understanding of LAN Structures, and Voice over IP Technologies.
Enghouse Interactive is a subsidiary of Enghouse Systems Limited, a software and services company traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX)...