Somnia, a national anesthesia practice management company, is seeking a proficient, outcomes oriented healthcare QA Manager to provide daily management and direct support for a variety of clinical QA/PI related initiatives, processes, systems, and functions within the Quality Assurance Department. The key areas within the QA Department include regulatory and accreditation compliance, adverse event reporting, patient satisfaction, surgeon satisfaction, compliance audits, performance improvement projects, and clinician evaluations.
Reporting to Somnia’s Vice President of Quality Assurance, this position will provide the day-to-day support, planning, organization, implementation, monitoring, reporting and continuous improvement support activities for the company’s nationwide Quality Assurance program. Somnia may potentially afford the opportunity for the QM Manager to work remotely from home on a part time basis dependent upon the requirements of the position.
• Develop, maintain and demonstrate an effective working knowledge of anesthesia clinical quality and compliance including, but not limited to, knowledge of regulatory (CMS) and accreditation (Joint Commission) standards, as well as the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA), the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA), the Anesthesia Quality Institute (AQI), the Agency for HealthCare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
• Develop data spreadsheets, charts, graphs and other quality related statistical analysis and reporting functions for both internal and external customers and clients.
• Conduct industry research into a variety of anesthesia and quality related health care organizations such as CMS, the Joint Commission and the Institute for HealthCare Improvement (IHI) to ensure that the most current regulatory and accreditation compliance standards are being met and to advance the overall development of the Somnia QA program.
• Provide primary support and oversight of the quality program systems, processes, activities and initiatives for Somnia ambulatory surgery and office-based surgery clients. This includes facilitating QA program implementation, data collection, entry and analytics, monitoring performance and outcomes, facilitating clinical quality studies, research, thought leadership and marketing support.
• Support the planning, organization, implementation, monitoring and improvement of various IT/automation systems and processes to support and improve the operational and analytical functionality of the quality program.
• Plan, develop and produce of a variety of quality assurance data spreadsheets, reports and presentations for Somnia staff, current and potential clients, and for Marketing/PR publications and presentations.
• Support and participate QA-related meetings and committees including, but not limited to, the Medical Advisory Board (MAB), the QA Steering Committee, the Somnia Patient Safety Organization (PSO), the Medical Staff Meetings/VTC Webinars, CME sessions, and the Annual Leadership Retreat.
• Provide support for QA program related activities and functions to any and all Somnia departments.
• Communicate with and facilitate the planning, development, monitoring, production and audit of a variety of work products generated by offshore teams.
• Assist in the support, research and development of policies, procedures, systems and processes that support and guide the QA program, including policies for the anesthesia groups throughout the Somnia system.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years of progressive healthcare experience; QA experience preferred
• Perioperative/Surgical/Operating Room/Anesthesia experience preferred; clinical experience a plus
• Proficient in basic data statistics and analytic calculations to produce required reporting including spreadsheets, graphs, charts, diagrams, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Capable of multi-tasking and effectively organizing and prioritizing work responsibilities
• Capable of confidently and effectively presenting and speaking to current and prospective clients
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with clinical staff and client management
• Ability to work independently and proactively to accomplish work goals and objectives
• Ability to effectively manage a project or initiative from the initial planning phase through implementation, execution, monitoring and continuous improvement.
• Project/process management experience a plus
• Cognos/Impromtu experience a plus
About Somnia Anesthesia
Established in 1996 by practicing anesthesiologists who continue to actively lead the company, Somnia is a total anesthesia solutions partner serving hospitals and surgery centers nationwide. Somnia provides client facilities with locally staffed clinical teams and support in all areas of anesthesia including leadership, recruiting, revenue cycle management, payer contracting, quality assurance, billing and credentialing.
At Somnia, we believe our talented employees are our greatest asset, and provide ongoing opportunities for professional growth. Visit us at www.somniainc.com to learn more about our growing company and our commitment to high quality anesthesia care.
Phone: 877-476-6642, ext. 3548
Please fax your CV to 877-580-2191