HPC cluster intern
Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a nonexempt technical nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school.
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining Linux clusters in Intel's CRT Datacenter. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Working with leading edge technologies to benchmark customer applications in the fields of weather simulation, seismic data processing, financial portfolio analysis, aerospace and manufacturing structural analysis, and many other dynamic applications in the field of High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Managing customer accounts, installing software, replacing hardware components as needed and prepare reports on utilization and reliability. This internship is scheduled to begin in Jan 2013 and conclude in the August 2013 time frame.
Minimum skills and experience:
You should be a candidate for a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology with GPA 3.0 or better and a graduation date of Dec 2013 or later.
Candidate must have 6+ months of work or educational experience in the following areas
- At least one year hands-on experience in working with computer hardware, preferably servers
Preferred skills and experience:
- Desire to learn about High Performance Computing (HPC) data centers and Linux clusters
- Experience installing software and operating systems on computer systems
- Experience working with Linux clusters would be an added advantage
- Experience in scripting and automation of routine tasks would be an added advantage
- Experience with parallel file systems such as Panasas or Lustre would be an added advantage.
Nov 29, 2012
Nov 30, 2013
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
Intel - 2 years ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...