The Wrigley Company is a recognized leader in confections with a wide range of product offerings including gum, mints, hard and chewy candies, lollipops and chocolate.
The company has operations in more than 40 countries and distributes its world-famous brands in more than 180 countries. Three of these brands - Juicy Fruit®, Wrigley's Spearmint®, and Altoids® - have heritages stretching back more than a century. Other well-loved brands include Orbit®, Extra®, Starburst®, Doublemint®, Skittles®, Freedent®, Airwaves®, Life Savers®, Eclipse®, and Winterfresh®. Wrigley is headquartered in Chicago, Ill., and operates as a subsidiary of Mars, Incorporated, a private, family-owned company founded in 1911. Mars, Incorporated is one of the world's largest food companies, generating global revenues of 30 billion dollars annually and producing some of the world's leading brands in six segments that include Chocolate, Drinks, Food, Petcare, Symbioscience and Wrigley.
The project engineer provides project leadership regarding process improvements for both maintenance and production departments to help ensure effective and efficient operations of the Chattanooga Factory. Manage capital engineering projects to ensure their successful completion within established time and budget parameters. The Project Engineer is responsible for coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects; plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and Wrigley standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all project participants.
1. Ability to direct the design, development and installation of modern manufacturing equipment processes, facilities and facility equipment to optimize product quality and productivity while minimizing costs.
2. Ability to plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate the technical and management aspects of projects.
3. Ability to sort through data quickly to determine what is the priority and what is the best course of action for handling it and everything else without missing other important goals.
4. Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals. Responsible for budget monitoring and trend tracking. Prepare interim and completion project reports.
Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree
1. 5-7 years experience in the areas of food-related manufacturing, engineering systems design and development, maintenance procedures, plant layout and design, budgetary development and control, energy conservation, and security management.
2. Experience in Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma. SAP knowledge preferred. Budgeting responsibility experience preferred. Leadership experience Preferred.
The Wrigley Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars knows chocolate sales are nothing to snicker at. It makes such worldwide favorites as M&M's, Snickers, and the Mars bar. Other...