TRIBUNE is one of the country’s leading multimedia companies, operating businesses in broadcasting, publishing, and interactive. The company’s broadcasting group owns or operates 23 television stations, WGN America on national cable, the national multicast network Antenna TV and Chicago’s WGN-AM. In publishing, Tribune’s leading daily newspapers include the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, The Baltimore Sun, Sun Sentinel (South Florida) , Orlando Sentinel, Hartford Courant, The Morning Call and Daily Press . Popular news and information websites complement Tribune’s print and broadcast properties and extend the company’s nationwide audience.
The Vice President (VP) Digital Innovations role is a corporate role supporting our business units compromised Broadcasting and Publishing entities, focused on leading development teams and designing innovative solutions for customers. The VP is responsible for providing leadership and management of technology systems and services, enabling the organization to achieve strategic technology and business objectives. This leader will also manage the vision and direction in regards to many aspects of Information Technology, specifically transforming business requirements to system requirements and technical design specifications, developing/testing new solutions and supporting production applications.
- Partner with executive management to align strategic technology objectives and programs to business objectives by fostering innovation, recommending solutions and strategies, prioritizing IT initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Lead overall technology planning by bringing a current knowledge and future vision of technology systems as it relates to the company's competitive position.
- Lead in the review, adoption and implementation of design practices, tools, infrastructure, systems and processes to support effective and cost beneficial business operations.
- Partner with IT Leadership on the management and oversight of the organization's IT environment (software, infrastructure, customer support services and business intelligence) to ensure effective, efficient, and secure operation of all technology.
- Manage development & support leadership team / departments to ensure optimal performance of all enterprise wide applications.
- Develop and document appropriate IT departmental goals, objectives, operating procedures and performance measures by establishing policies and procedures
- Provide motivational vision to a team of high performing & professionally trained staff through effective Goal Setting, Prioritization, Performance Management and Career-Advancing assignments.
- 10+ years as a leader in a technical environment including experience within complex, technologically-driven organizations
- 5+ years in a VP or equivalent role as well as 5+ years in a digital environment
- Managed at least two levels of management with a total population of at least 150 indirect reports
- Travel required 50% of role
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or related field, Master's degree preferred
- In-depth experience in technology strategy, analysis and planning
- Demonstrated ability to, design, implement, evaluate & support large scale technological solutions with measurable results in a multi-site environment
Tribune Company - 23 months ago