Our client is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB),
providing Information Technology solutions for Federal and commercial
customers. They offer quality services such as Program Management,
Administrative Support Services, Systems Integration, Infrastructure
Support, Security, Design and Development of New Systems, Data and
Database Administration, Training, Tier I and Tier II Help Desk Support
to the Department of Homeland Security, United States Air Force, Office
of Secretary of Defense, Military Health System, Defense Contract
Management Agency, and Department of Veterans Affairs.
They are currently seeking a Driver/Courier in Laguna Niguel, CA .
The successful candidate will follow clearly detailed specific procedures
in completing several repetitive clerical steps performed in a prescribed
or slightly varied sequence, such as coding and filing documents in an
extensive alphabetical file; could involve simple posting to individual
accounts, opening mail, calculating and posting charges to departmental
accounts, operating basic office equipment, e.g., photocopier, facsimile,
multi-line phone/voicemail systems, mailing machines, and minimal computer
programs. Little or no subject-matter knowledge is required, but the clerk
uses his or her own judgment in choosing the proper procedure for each task.
to carry the mail between offices.
- Sort internal mail and deliver it to the destination, often using a cart
and individual offices and workers.
- Handle external mail, serving as the link between the U.S. Postal Service
sent registered, certified, special delivery, or first, second, third, or
- Facilitate delivery of outgoing mail by determining if the mail is to be
fourth class, and may group mailings by ZIP code.
for mailing. Operate machines that affix postage and mailing labels and
- Contact delivery services to send important letters or parcels.
- Operate machines that collate, fold, and insert material into envelopes
track the amount of money expended on postage.
classified, pouch, and guard mail.
- Use computers to keep records of outgoing items.
- Pickup and delivery of U.S. Government mail including regular, bulk,
messages, documents, packages, and mail to various Government agencies and
- Drive light trucks, vans, or other type government vehicles to deliver
such as carrying mail to and from the post office and sorting or opening
- Transport office personnel and visitors, and perform miscellaneous errands
incoming and outgoing mail.
- Obtain receipts for articles delivered and keep a log of items received
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
Familiarity with USPS rules, and regulations, and UPS and Federal Express
- 1 year previous experience with automated mail equipment is recommended.
procedures; knowledgeable in packing requirements
- 1-3 years of driving and/or messenger experience with excellent
- Computer skills required: Computer literate and previous data entry
- Express and exchange ideas clearly in the English language, written
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills and ability to work
- High School Diploma or equivalent
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must qualify for a USCIS security clearance and a DSS Secret clearance
well to others
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate
at all times
- Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company’s goals
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality
processes when necessary
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve
written and verbal communications
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in
- Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
C2 Essentials, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard